In January 2006 I hurt my back when snowmobiling. I just assumed that I had pulled a muscle and that in time it would get back together. In March I attended an appointment with my doctor as the pain was getting worse and was now painful in my chest area. She sent me for an ultrasound and the tests came back negative. She then referred me to a specialist for women and he ordered a chest x-ray, this also came back negative. He then referred me to another specialist who send me for a gallium scan which came back negative and he advised me to have a cortisone shot where the pain in my chest was. This was in July of 2006. By this time the pain in my back was becoming more intense and I felt that because my doctor wasn't worried about it than I shouldn't be either. By August the pain in my back as well as the sciatica nerve in my left leg was so intense that I sought a chiropractor to try to alleviate the pain. He performed back x-rays and determined that I had injured my back and noted that if it had been any worse he wouldn't be able to treat me. He felt that he could help to realign my back and repair the damage. As soon as I had my first treatment I came down with a nasty cold and cough that lasted over a month. I attended the chiropractor twice a week for two month. Each adjustment crippled me and I decided after two months to stop treatment as the pain was worsening. I made a doctors appointment (with the first one I seen in January) and she ordered a MRI. It has been determined that I have three herniated discs, as well as spinal stenosis. She has referred me to physical therapy for 16 weeks which I am starting nect week, before decidng if I require surgery to repair the damage. During the last year I have been experiencing recurrent bladder infections and wonder if this could be related as I normally healthy. I am just wonder ing if anyone has had prolonged back injuries and if I should be more aggressive with my health care professionals. I will do anything to avoid surgery but wonder if it hasn't healed in 12 months if I should be concerned with this. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

hi there..i am going through the same thing your going through..and i have been having chest pains also..i was diagnosed with slipped rib syndrome thats why im having chest pain..i also have lumbar spinal stenosis and had back surgery a year ago..recovered from it now i have a bulging disc right above the one where i had surgery..im having numbness and tingling below the waist..burning sensation in my right foot.constant pain..i did have a urinary tract infection but that cleared up a long time ago..i wont go to a chiropractor cause i believe thats what made my back worse..im currently going through physical therapy..and it does help.