Does anyone know if there is a connection between late onset diabetes and hyperparathyroidism? My Dad very suddenly developed symptoms of hyperparathyroidism as well as having his blood sugar shoot up for no apparent reason. What tests should we see the physician ordering, and what timeline can we expect as far as the weakness and confusion?

Get a vitamin deficiency test to see what he may be lacking, start there then come back and tell us what you find.
Nichole at ****

**edited by moderator** **e-mails are not allowed**

Hi , I dont know-can anyone help? Ive been anxious most my life, but lately I seem to be swinging from feeling totally incompetent, teraful wreck, to happy laugh a lot me ( for no reason) Anyway, for approx a year or so....ok, right so I am lying on the couch feeling extremely tired and my fett are frezzing ( feeling as though I cant touch them) . Not had a good day at all. Sitting eith layers on , the heating on and the gas fire on. Still cold. So I go and google- dont know why I google I mean googling so far has not helped any of my moods. Then found that perhaps my sensititvity to the cold and my tiredness ( as I have been sleeping about I dont knoe 15 hours a day) could be due to this. Am I correct or just being completely daft? is hyothyroidism coneected to having a lack of vit b12 and folic acid. I just wonder if this could be the caues ( as I used to eat tons of cereal) and now I cant touch the stuff./ yet, ironically , I do think that your body tells you what it needs. Anyway, just curious and wonder if anyone can help me with my query?

You sound like you are suffering from a few things. One is iodine deficiency which needs to be corrected. The second is adrenal fatigue which also needs to be addressed. For more info about iodine, where to get it, how much you need, and help with adrenal fatigue go to TheIodineProject.com

Thank you for that Christsavesall.

Would that explain the freezing feelings I am having. I have to go to bed with pjs on , nuights gown on and have two 13.5 tog duvets on bed, and blanket-and still shiver before going to sleep. Is this part of it?

What is adrenal fatigue- I understand adrenaline, and I understand fatigue. So what is it? is it exhaustion after an adrenal feed? Not sure- dont know if I understand. Too tired.

Brarack Obama is about the only thing I am interested in, That and my 2 kids. Even cat is bullying me. too cold and want to go to bed. Stopped taking my pills as I think my concentration at work was being effected and I couldnt do my best, very tearful since and lump in throat. and so so crabby , snapping at my children. feel horrible Not the way I want to be. Not at all. I dont know what has happened to make me like this!!!!

Daftydil
I'm sorry for my delayed response, I have been very busy.
Have you had a chance to check out the site at all?
And yes iodine deficiency as well as deficiency in other vitamins and minerals is the cause of your problems.

The site has lots of info about all of it, if you have any questions just click on the contact us page and ask away. I am not allowed to give my email address so thats the best way to keep in contact.

I've had the same problems as you, maybe not quite as extreme but they were all resolved with the addition of supplements. It costs me about 20 a month to feel great and be healthy. My story is posted on the track the iodine progress page. I'm Nichole btw.

Hope you feel better soon!

Hi Christsavesall, I cant find the contact us page.

I have a cold that I cannot shift and feeling really cold and low.

Iodine defiencey - where and what food sources can give you this? What exactly is it? I thought Iodine was that substance on plasters ( please dont laugh- or feel free to).

Ive lost a little or few pounds, but okay weight wise. Worried about my sisters health. Shes been so unwell lately and is so far away.

Can it be harmful- longterm-iodine deficency.? Sorry about the typos I am really rired as I have not been sleeping again If I do sleep I have really bad nightmares that seem to give me really painful headaches. Apparently this is my bodies way /a reaction to this silly cold/is this normal?

Anyway, at least youve been busy, Ive not been bussy enough, but have no energy anyway. Thanks for the post . It does help but I do need to know where to get Iodine from-do you know yourself? Tried to search it too but v\cant find it. Just truly useless on these machines.

Anyway, take care and thanks for the helpful information, Dafty