My wife had a complete thyroidectomy about 4 mos ago. She then had the radioactive iodine treatment. She had Graves disease before the surgery and only one eye was affected. Now her levels are good with her meds, but her other eye has started bulging out and tearing all the time. Also, her vision is changing daily and sometimes she can't drive. I thought the surgery should have eliminated the chance for Graves. Any thoughts?

your wife is most likely suffering from fluoride poisoning, and I would take a guess that's what caused her graves disease in the first place. You should find a naturopathic or homeopathic doc to get all her levels tested. Iodine can help reverse the problem since it is also a symptom of iodine deficiency... fluoride inhibits the uptake of iodine BUT iodine will help her body excrete the fluoride along with mercury, chlorine, bromide and lead.

Email me for more info and for a list of sites, or search the net yourself its easy info to find.

Nichole at ***

**edited by moderator** **e-mails are not allowed**

Nichole,
Thanks for your response, but I am not sure that is the problem. We live on the gulf coast and my wife lives on shrimp and crabs which are full of iodine, although I do feel it has something to do with her diet.

What you describe is most definitely iodine deficiency, she may be getting more than your average person because of her diet in shrimp and crabs but that does not mean her body is using the iodine she is getting from it. There are many things that can inhibit iodine, fluoride, bromide, chlorine, lead, mercury, just to name a few... Iodine also needs selenium, vit e, zinc, magnesium to be processed by your body. Not to mention the other supplements she needs.... for more info. check out
TheIodineProject.com

But please, please, get it tested. It is such a simple test and will help greatly.