I believe I have a yeast infection... I'm 34 yrs old and the last time I had one I was about 16 so don't really remember all too much what the symptoms were. I had sex this past weekend with my new b/f for the first time and he is VERY large in comparison to partners I've had in the past and I believe this is what brought it on. I have no pain when I urinate, however my left labia is swollen and very painful. I've put cold compresses on it but that really hasn't seemed to help and now I have a yellowish discharge when I urinate. And to control the pain that I'm feeling I've taken a Tylenol 3 (I have some left over from a past prescription) and that is helping tremendously. There is no odor that I can tell but it's very uncomfortable. Since I'm off of work the next two days I'm wearing very loose clothing as to not irritate my labia more than it already is.

One other thing I believe might have brought it on is that I have an allergy to certain laundry detergents. Due to the rising costs of basically everything at the grocery store my Mom bought cheaper detergent and I started getting rashes so I went out and bought "ALL" the only detergent I know to me that doesn't cause rashes however I don't remember what clothes were washed in the other stuff and what wasn't. WELL over the weekend I put on a pair of shorts that I'm almost positive were washed in the cheap soap. I wore the shorts with no underwear on....could this be why I have this yeast infection? I already have an OB/GYN appointment scheduled for the beginning of July for my annual exam but I can't get an appt any sooner so I'm hoping to be able to take care of this on my own prior to the appt.

Anything can help.
Thanks.

It is fully possible that the issue you have is a yeast infection. Have you looked into any OTC treatments for it right now? I think that it might be worth investigating something like that because I am pretty sure that you could at least treat this yourself with that medication so that you can get treatment. Keep us posted on what it turns out to be. THanks!

Hi hon: A yeast infection is a discharge from your vagina, if you are having a discharge when you urinate, it is probably I UTI - Urinary Tract Infection, which is yellow, and painful. Yeast infections only get painful when they are ACCUTE!!!!!! And that will also be with a yellow discharge, but there is a lot of odour then.

Sexually activity, increases your chances of UTI's, Yeast Infections etc. So It also could have something too do with your detergent, but your whole bottom would be a rash not just your labia.

I have a feeling there is 2 things going on, but it seems its from the same event. When you include a partner who has a larger penis, that could have cause bruising too your labia. More thrusting etc. The labia is VERY sensitive so that could be the cause of that. The UTI might have been growing with cultures, but shortly after having sex, you noticed a difference. So 1st just go and see a regular doctor - walk in clinic! You just need your urine tested, and then put on anitbiotics. I'm pretty sure its a urinary issue. That is VERY painful, due to the culture being in your urine and coming down your urethra which is VERY tiny. Also it could be bladder too, either way a pee test will determine that.

If it turns out that it is not a UTI, then have a regular doctor just check to see if it is a yeast infection - you don't need a OB/GYN visit for a yeast infection. It is such a common thing, you just go too your pharmacy buy a 7 day amount - depending on your stage of infection. It can be handled even with the 3 or 5 day one, and just follow the instructions. that's why the medication is sold without perscription and it isn't covered by insurance, becasue it is so common. So hopefully this helps you. good luck

I've picked up some Monostate today and since the first dose the pain and swelling are subsiding. I should have been clear that the discharge that I do have is when I wipe not when I urinate. But I'm happy that I'm feeling some relief already :-)

Glad too hear, just worried about the pain you are in. See what happens after this treatment. I would advise you too get the 7 day, as yeast infections are little buggers about coming back, if not TOTALLY taken care of. Isn't being a woman grand!!!!???? 8-| ;-) XD %-) Good luck! If this doesn't work, then try the UTI way OK?

Yes being a woman is so grand LOL!! Especially child birth LOL!! I have picked up the Monostat 7 and will continue to use it till the end even if the symptoms are gone. Though I had sex on Saturday this didn't arise until Monday afternoon and was progressively worse until today after the first dose of Monostat. However when I took the Tylenol 3 it really took the edge off the pain which I'm thankful for. I have a feeling you are right about the bruising to the labia and that doesn't help in with a yeast infection on top of it. So hopefully within the next seven days all is back to normal.. I'll keep you posted ;-)

MENopause, MENstruation, MENtally Ill, MENthol Cigarettes etc. etc. ;-) XD o.O Along with PMS, Child Birth, Periods, Wearing a bra, Brazillian Waxing, High Heel shoes, plucking eyebrows, growing a beard at about 60, God HAS too be a man!!!!! ;-) XD XD XD