Hi there, I am 19 year's old and just want some opinions. A few weeks ago I got fingered and gave oral to my boyfriend. Right now, I am currently on my period but have barely noticed today that my vulva was really red and it burns as much as it itchs (I would rate the irritation as a 5, 6 maybe??????). I started thinking......did i some how get sexually infected when i gave my boyfriend oral or something but then I remembered that we are both clean (meaning neither of us had performed any sexual act to any one else via oral, et.) and I saw no trace of sores on his genitals. I have had a Yeast infection before last year in March so that also came into mind. Also, I read and heard that you could get a Yeast Infection or itching of the genitals when your on your period and was wondering I could have gotten it that way, or when he fingered me..........so anyway, do I have another yeast infection, or is there something I'm obviously missing and I'm not catching it.

Mornin kitty, The irritation that you are feeling could either be, like you suggested, an irritation from your period or a miserable yeast infection. A yeast infection is caused when the ph in your body goes out of wack, upsetting the natural flora. This could be caused by antibiotics, tight jeans, panties without a cotton crotch, thong under wear or by wearing a wet bathing suit for a long period of time. Douching can also create yeast. Yeast is a bacteria and can cause one to itch and burn upon urination. It also creates a discharge that looks sort of cottage cheesy and actually smells like yeast.

Now days, we have the luxury of not having to run to the doctor every time we get one. You can buy Monistat right over the counter which will take care of it. It comes in 3 day and 7 day applications and also includes a tube of creme that you can apply to your labia and vulva to help with the itchies. Just an FYI tho. Some women have a bad reaction to Monistat. If you apply it and things feel worse than before, wash it out asap. You can do this by using a disposable douch bottle. I know it sounds gross but better to let you know that sometimes things don't agree with us.

So, is it unlikely that I have an STD? I'm like.....totally scared of that.

It doesn't sound like an STD to me. If you know that both you and he are "clean" then i would lean more toward a yeast issue

bbfeet9 wrote:

bbfeet9 wrote:

k. Thanks for your input.