I'm 16 years old and not sexually active but for the past week my labia has been itchy and there's been a white buildup that appears to be peeling skin. I did reasearch on yeast infections but I haven't experienced the "cottage chees-like" discharge. It's been heavily uncomfortable and becomes almost unbearable if I don't bathe twice a day. This is really inconvenient and I'm starting to worry. I read that one shouldn't "soap the crotch", could this be a yeast infection caused by the soap?
And if it's a yeast infection can anyone suggest remedies I can use without the knowledge of my mother? I really don't want to approach her with this because it would be really embarrassing.

not all yeats infection come with the cottage cheese like discharge i have had one before and it didnt the best thing to use is monistat but you do not want your mom to find out you can also get plain yogurt and put it in the plastic from a tampon insert and freeze it that helps and yes some soaps can cause you to feel like you are i can only use caress soap down there