I am 19 I had a ectopic pregnancy at 17. It goes threw my head a lot as I want to have a baby one day. But what do I do?? Will it happen to me again?? How can I try to conceive and be sure that its not going to be the same outcome?? please help.

Hi Subaruu,

The thing is, you can't be sure it will never happen again.  Sometimes it does happen.

Sometimes ectopic pregnancies are a result of scarring of the fallopian tubes, usually caused by an STD.  Chlamydia is one such STD that can do this.

Do you still have both fallopian tubes or did they have to remove it?

I still have both. I had surgery I think it was to remove some tissue or somthing but yeah there was scarring. Also im on the pill but if you forgot a day and got pregnant and continued to take the pill is that harmful to the baby?

It would be unlikely for you to get pregnant missing one day of the pill. If you took two the next time you remembered you'd be protected.

Most birth control meds are not harmful if you are pregnant. They won't abort a pregnancy, they prevent it from happening. Once it does happen, they don't do anything.

Ok. Thank you very helpfull. So if I was pregnant and taking to pill still would i still get a period when taking the sugar pills i think there called the ones that give you a period?

There are some birth control meds that actually stop you from having a period.

But, with most you do have your period. Actually, the birth control meds tend to make them more "regular." It's not the sugar pill that makes you get your period. You get your period because you've stopped taking the active pill. The hormones in that are what suppress your period.

Actually, it's not really a true period. You get what is called "withdraw bleeding."

It's all normal.