My 3 year old daughter doesn't have a vaginal opening....she has her anus and urethra but there isn't a vaginal opening. She doesn't complain of pain or anything, but what kind of treatment and outcome should I expect?

Did any of the pediatricians or nurses ever mention anything to you when your baby was at regular checkups, or did you ask about this situation? As unusual as it may sound, this condition does happen and there are several possible reasons, from the ones that could be resolved, more or less, without any serious intervention, to the ones that might require surgery. But, you have to first see a pediatrician directly about this problem and that get refereed to the gynecology specialist. In some cases the vaginal opening simply is not visible because labia minor are grown together and that condition sometimes even resolves on its own, but in almost all cases you simply will have to take your daughter to the doctor and see what is the next step - it might be ultrasound to see what is actually causing the problem and that will probably determine what treatment will be possible.

Hi there - I have discovered this exact same problem today in my 3 year old - we're now at least 2 years since you posted this - can you give me an update