Hello! My brother is five years old. He has often swollen lymph nodes. Since he is going to the kindergarten he often has virus or bacteria infections. His doctor says that often infections are rather normal in his age, especially if he is in contact with many other children. I am afraid that swollen lymph nodes could be dangerous and I don't know when the lymph nodes get sore.

Hello! Swollen lymph nodes are usually caused by a virus or bacteria infection. Lymph nodes are usually swollen near the location of infection. If your brother has often throat infections, which are most common infections in children, then you have maybe seen his swollen lymph nodes on his neck. Don't worry; the lymph nodes may remain swollen long after an initial infection is gone, especially in children. But if they stay too long that you should consult his pediatrician.