Hello everyone. So my good's friend daughter was not feeling that good lately and they decide that she needs to visit the doctor. She is playing handball in her school and she is 17 years old. We all do know that handball is really rough sport and that sometimes it needs a lot of effort to play it. But also if you have some disease, there are a huge chances that this will prevent you in playing it. Now, I am saying this because she has venticular tachycardia and I really want to know what are the causes and treatment options for Ventricular tachycardia?

Good day there Eric D. I am really sorry to hear this because she is such a young child. I hope that she is going to be OK since every heart disease is really hard and it depends on the patient how he or she will deal with it. And I do agree that handball is really rough sport. I am actually not sure what are the causes of this issue. But about the treatment, it is usually with medications or beta blockers. Rocainamide, lidocaine, and amiodarone, along with the beta-adrenergic blocking agents metoprolol, esmolol, and propranolol are just some of them.

Hi there Eric,

Ventricular tachycardia is a type of heart rhythm disorder (arrhythmia) in which the lower chambers of your heart (ventricles) beat very quickly because of a problem in your heart's electrical system.

In ventricular tachycardia, your heart may not be able to pump enough blood to your body and lungs because the chambers are beating so fast that they don't have time to properly fill. In most cases, people with type of arrhythmia don't have any symptoms and require no treatment, and they can return to their regular everyday activities, but sometimes, in rare cases, things can get a bit more serious.

Hey everyone,

This condition usually occurs in people with other heart conditions, such as coronary artery disease, cardiomyopathy and some types of valvular heart disease, it never occurs on its own (it feels lonely). 

Like Adria said, in most cases, this condition is mild and requires no treatment at all, but ventricular tachycardia may also lead to a condition in which your lower heart chambers quiver (ventricular fibrillation), which may cause your heart to stop (sudden cardiac arrest) and lead to death if not treated immediately. Ventricular tachycardia can also cause your heart to stop, especially if the heart is beating very quickly, if it's lasting for a long period, and if you have an underlying heart condition.

Hey guys,

I'm sure that your friend's daughter is going to be just fine. This is not a condition that can actually become bad all of a sudden, so if she didn't have trouble with it for the last 17 years, she isn't likely to have any trouble with it now.

If she can play handball, which is one of the toughest sports, with her condition of ventricular tachycardia, I assure you that she is going to be just fine. She will definitely need no any treatment and she will be able to continue living her life like she doesn't even have this condition.

Hi Eric,

I'm holding my fingers crossed for your friend's daughter there.

I'm 29 now and I've been diagnosed with ventricular tachycardia when I just turned 11, if I remember it well. I think it was on ECG on something like that where my doctor realized that I have this condition. He told me that he isn't going to give me any medications and that he is just going to watch my progress. After some time, he decided that I have that mild version of the condition which others talked about and that I probably will never need any kind of treatment.

Hello guys. Thank you for so many post in such a short time. This is a some indicator to me that something is going on really bad in the kid's  health world. I just didn't' t know that there are so many kids who have this disease. Well I have one other concern about this - I have heard that once child starts with therapy they cannot quit with it never. It is a little bit scared and confusing to me and everyone around me. Isn't that so cruel because kid needs to be on therapy until the rest of his life?

Hey there Eric D. I totally understand what you are saying to us, but unfortunately no one can't quit the therapy on his own hand, without consulting doctor and cardiologist as well. And yes, it is hard to stop using any kind of heart medications because your body really get used on it and you need to use them. But also sometimes that is the only solution and kid actually needs to be treated with medications and sometimes with beta blockers as well. I know that it is not fair, but there is nothing that anyone can do about it.

I think that I am dealing with ventricular tachycardia for all of my life. And trust me, since I am dealing with it more than 20 years it is like a hell to me. My mom told me that I had sharp chest pain and I told her this. Since she was really scared she went with me to the doctor immediately. I was diagnosed with it. The best treatment ever is to combine
• Antiarrhythmic medications
• Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator
• Catheter ablation

That is the cure that I use and I am surviving very successfully for more than 20 years, as I already mentioned it. Good luck.