If God appeared to you in a series of vivid and moving dreams and told you to leave everything behind, travel alone to the Red Sea and become a camel trader, what would you do?
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
What if you were told to sacrifice your child?

If I asked him what would happen to me if I didn't, would he give me a straight answer?

Define god. I'm guessing that most people's perceptions of god and higher powers might provoke different responses.

I'd say.... hold on! I've heard all this before!! Now, where was it.....?

Well, knowing that God asked Abraham to kill his only son and then did not make him go through with it, I'd have a hard time believing God would ever ask this of me and then expect me to go through with it. Just another test of faith and obedience. Most people who believe in God (even those who don't for that matter) have these tests daily, usually in the form of choosing the good thing over the bad thing...

As far as becoming a camel trader? I suppose I'd talk to dad about it and then he'd likely tell me to do what God says, unless he was worried that it wasn't really God speaking to me. It would be hard, but I suppose I'd do it. After all, I've seen what happens to those who don't obey God. <shiver>

i'd stop hitting the hooch before bed.

No thanks on both, sorry God, I am pulling rank on this one

It would depend what my findings regarding the economics of camel trading on the Red Sea would turn up, but most likely I would decide that God was in fact not talking to me in my dreams.

About sacrificing my son. No. But, then, the Bible is full of allegory.

i would just to get you to not post again

I'd know that I need to lay off the weed.