Hi there!So basically it all started a few months ago back when i had a terrible panic attack on weed. I smoked a blunt with a friend, i don't know whether the weed was laced or anything, but my friend seemed perfectly alright so i don't think it had anything in it. I thought i was going to die, my heart beat really fast, i felt sick and i thought i was going to be insane for the rest of my life. The next day after the panic attack i felt slightly weird and a bit paranoid when i woke up in the morning. I then went to work as usual and i realized that something was a bit off. I didn't know back than that it was probably derealization. Anyway two days after my experience everything was fine and i didn't waste to many thoughts on my experience. Until about two and a half months later...

It was pretty much a stressful time period in my life and i worked quite a bit. I didn't touch anything after that experience, but one day after work and a work out at the gym i had a bad panic attack which was sort of like a flashback to my experience as well. It hit me when i was walking in a park at nighttime and i felt very bad for an hour. Eventually it wore off and I went to sleep that night. The next day i was thinking about what i had experienced the last night, but i thought i might have been just really tired or didn't eat enough. The next days i had small attacks which were bad, but didn't concern me too much, but little did i know that i was getting a flue. During my flu which lasted a week the derealization hit me again. All the lights were really bright and i felt in a dream like state. Those feelings eventually passed with the flew after about 2 weeks. 

A few weeks back from now i had another big panic attack which also felt a bit like my first panic attack on weed, so i guess it was sorta like a flashback. At that point i didn't know what was happening to me. Why was i always getting these attacks?? Did the weed trigger something or am i psychotic now?? I was really afraid to go insane and loose my mind. I was researching about schizophrenia and how panic attacks/derealization are a common symotom of it. I felt constantly like i was drunk/high, i had long after images, objects were breathing when i looked at them, lights were always too bright, everything felt unreal like in a video game. This made me feel really anxious all the time and i think this got me deeper into the derealization. The panic attacks have passed, but until now which has been probably about 2 months with more or less derealization i don't know what to do. I don't know how it got triggered, whether i do have a ptsd from my weed panic attack wich i have to think of very often these days as i see it as the point were everything started. I am constantly worrying about loosing my mind and don't know what to do. Do you thing i might have a psychosis or is it more a ptsd or a anxiety disorder? Please let me have your thoghts.

Thanks

Well the truth is that weed is closely related to witchcraft and is almost always used to be in a state where evil spirits can work... I believe that you are bieng attacked by demonic forces and you need the light of Jesus Christ to shine in you... it is only in his light that all that darkness will disappear... I can even feel that as you are reading this that you are already feeling better... You see people don't understand that when they smoke weed they are practicing a form of witchcraft whether they like it or not and it leaves some people so spiritually open that they can actually physically feel the powers of darkness... I may sound too religious but the truth is that I am not in a religion.. instead I am in a relationship with God my father through Jesus Christ the son... I'm just a child of God who believes in the bible as the word of God... please don't just shrug away these things that I'm telling you cuz its for a reason I'm writing all of this and I can discern that you are also feeling better as you read this... Pick up a New Testament Bible and read the Gospel of John... just give your heart to Jesus and he will free you from these attacks and derealization... Jesus said satan comes to steal, kill and destroy but I have come to give life and life in abundance... God is sovereign and maybe this is a way and a means he is using to bring you to him through his gospel... there is no other way to God but Jesus and there is no other name under heaven by which men can be saved... I discern that even as you are reading this you are feeling a strange heat and your derealization is slowly fading... that is the person of the Holy Spirit touching yout heart and showing you that only Jesus is the truth and the life and that what I'm saying is the truth... Don't get scared my friend.. im just a messenger bieng used by God through the gifts of his wonderful Holy Spirit... look how much Jesus cares about you that he is using me to write this long comment to you and actually care about what you are going through... Grace and Peace to you and please don't forget to read the gospel of John my friend...

To the OP and not the id**t above who thinks religion saves people. What about these crazy experiences makes you have a panic attack? I don't think it is weed to blame at all. One of the biggest problems with weed and some people's reaction to it is that they got too high one or two times and freak out instead of rationalizing things. I've smoked with a ton of people. And I do mean a ton. I've been around people who just get lost and freak out when they've gotten high or too high. One thing to remember during these panic attacks is that you are both safe and in control of yourself and situation. Take a few deep breaths, close your eyes for just a few seconds. You may imagine something peaceful if you'd like, but it is not necessary. More than likely the attacks are brought on from anxiety of a new experience. There are going to be other factors contributing to this. Adrenaline makes you view the world differently when your fight or flight trigger is engaged. Being sick or poorly rested can lead to hallucinations or altered reality. Another huge factor (and seemingly so in your case) is stress. Stress can do anything from make us hallucinate, to make us bald, even curb our appetite. You aren't going crazy or psychotic. Weed will not do that to you. Try and eat healthy and exercise. Take care of your body and mind and they will return the favor. Hopefully these outbreaks are long gone by now for you, but in any case, just remember that A, these things only exist inside your head and cannot harm you. B, that you are worrying too much about how you think you should be instead of who you are. C, realize that you are the one causing yourself to panic and that there is no rationale to the things you are experiencing or doing to yourself. Ie: because your vision has blurred does not make the object itself blurry. It is a matter of perception which can be altered or changed by adapting a different approach. Good luck! Smoke or not, hope all goes well for you! If you honestly feel like you may have some sort of mental illness, talk to someone about it! A schizophrenic would be undecided on many things because they gravitate between multiple developed personalities. Ask yourself if you as a person constantly feel conflicted by your own thoughts and try and recognize what those separate personalities are. This being said, you can support 2 sides to any argument simultaneously without being a schizophrenic or psychotic. It's all about discovering who you really are!

Same thing happened to me when I had a brownie several days ago. Same panic attacks worried ill lose my mind. Only been about a week for me but still have the symptoms. It's worst at night when I'm in bed. Im seeing a doctor and counselor but both seem optimistic it will pass. I also have been starting to feel better. Exercise keeping busy and supplements like GABA and NAC may help. They seem to be helping me. Good news is I've seen a lot of similar stories and it does seem to get better from what others have said. I think it at worst it could be anxiety disorder. I would recommend going to a psychiatrist if it feels unbearable. Best medicine really is a positive mind, relaxation techniques could also help. Good luck!