I'm following a pretty specific, 7-day a week workout plan for a half marathon I'm running in the fall. I'd like to follow it as closely as possible. However, I have little races along the way this summer that I'd like to race in as well. I guess I'll give a specific example:

I have a 5k I'd like to run in on Monday, but my long runs are on Sundays. Speedwork/intervals/hills/etc are always on Tuesday and Thursday.

I'm thinking I should do my regular hill workout tomorrow as planned (Thu)...and then push myself through my long run on Friday, and have Saturday and Sunday to take it easy for my race on Monday, and count that race as Tuesday's speedoworkout.

Confusing, I know haha. Any suggestions though? If you couldn't tell, I hate missing workouts.

if the 5k means more than a workout.....I'd skip your hill workout all together tomorrow and move your long run to tomorrow (if time allows). I almost always cut back on speed workouts the week before a race and I really don't race during hill training (but hill training is not a weekly event for me, it's usually in my base building weeks). I never worry about long runs, I've run some of my best races with a 20+ run days before.

If you don't care about the 5k at all, keep things the same.......but I really think you shouldn't do hills tomorrow

Shuffle days, move them around, flip-flop, however you can fit it in your schedule. There isn't such a thing as a 'specific' schedule. Any schedule is Jeff Galloway's or Hal Higdon's or Jack Daniel's best guess. Missing a day or getting a good race in might just be better for you in the big scheme of things anyway. Try not to get obsessive about it. Shuffle things around, get your favorite summer races in and keep the halfM this fall in your cross-hairs. I'd agree with Sue and fergit the hill workout on Thursday.