Hi I have been trying to get pregnant lately and it hasn't happened yet. I want a baby so badly I have been trying but sometimes I dont think I try hard enough. Can anyone give me any advice or tips on how i can more easily conceive? My boyfriend and I are very much in love and ready for the responsibility. Thank you.

Perhaps it's not you, but him who needs help

Hi Boro,

We don't even begin to consider fertility issues until a year has passed without success.

When do you ovulate? Do you know? Try to have sex from about 5 days before until 2 days after. This is when you are more likely to get pregnant. Sperm can remain viable up to 5 days. The egg is only viable 48 hours or so after ovulation.

You can find online ovulation calculators or do body basal temperature measurements. There are other ways.

If it has been a year, then it's time for you BOTH to see a fertility specialist. Expect a thorough physical and labs (blood) to be drawn. Your partner will also have a sperm count done.

The best tip I can give you is: RELAX. Don't make having sex a chore. You may also hear that many couples that tried and tried couldn't get pregnant so they adopt and then they get pregnant. It's true!

Good luck.

Thank you medic-dan! I haven't been trying too long maybe about 3 months. I will use the ovulation tests to tell when I am ovulating and maybe it will happen soon. Wish me luck!

Hey Dear.... i hoping that you're pregnant by noww.... but still i wanna share my experience with you... i have a 28 day cycle so what we did is that from the day my periods ended we had sex every other day with a 45-48 hours interval (for the weekdays) and on the weekend we had sex on both saturday sunday.... which means action on tuesday, thursday, saturday and sunday.... i didnt use ovulation test or any other thing since it makes you go crazy and refrained from drinking coffee....

And remember enjoy sex and put a pillow under after.

we tried for 2 months before but the third try worked..... i dont know of your beliefs but i am muslim and believe me sister praying and reading quran (Surah Maryam) with translation was according to me the strongest reason for getting pregnant... but then you have your own beliefs...

lots of baby dust to you!!!