My friend was recently Diagnosed with HPV! She really doesn't know what the long term effects are and neither do I...So I'm asking help from all who know about it because I'm concerned for her safety. The docter said her *area* looked fine he only saw one cut so what does this mean? Will it go away?
*THANKS*

The Human Papiloma Virus is fairly common nowadays. Approximately 20 million Americans have it, and about 50% of sexually active men & women contract it during their lifetime. Though it isn't curable, it is a fairly harmless STD in comparison to others out there.

In fact, in 90% of HPV cases, the body’s immune system clears the HPV infection naturally within two years. This is true of both high-risk (cancer causing) and low-risk (wart causing) types. The best way to raise your chances of fighting HPV is keeping your immune system healthy.

However, some strands can remain in the body and cause genital warts or cervical cancer. It's a very good thing that your friend is aware of her HPV, sooner rather than later, because now she can make sure she's getting routine pap smears to check for signs of cervical cancer.

Also important, to avoid spreading HPV to other partners, a condom should be used. However, this may not fully prevent the spread if there are warts on the skin.

Hope that helps. :-)

there is no treatment for the virus itself, but a healthy immune system can usually fight off HPV naturally, like cheeziepoof already said. Also an Ob/Gyn can remove some vaginal HPV types that are viewable during a colposcopy.
As i could find out condoms do not protect from the virus because the areas around the genitals including the inner thigh area are not covered, thus exposing these areas to the infected person’s skin.