I was diagnosed w/ HPV last year and have been nack and forth to the dr about it. I had a colposcopy that was clear last year, 2 normal paps, and then another abnormal. I then had ANOTHER colposcopy done where they found me to be in between CIN2 and CIN# stages. My DR told me that because of my pap history, she doesn't know why, but it doesnt seem my body is developing the immunity to the HPV anymore. My concern is, after the LEEP next week, what happens my body continues to not fight off the HPV? My fiancee is the carrier, and I am still going to be in contact with the virus. If I dont develop immunity, what can I do? Will I ever be able to actually get rid of the pre cancerous cells? As you can tell, I'm a LITTLE freaked out! ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED! :-(

If your doctor doesn’t know why, then you find a doctor who will try to find out why your body stopped developing immunity.
I am no doctor but I also suffer from HPV. Now, I don’t know which strain I have ( haven’t done that test) but I did have visible warts both inside and outside.

I had them removed by laser once and I worked a lot on boosting my immune system by eating the right and healthy stuff, which kept the warts off. However, when I gave birth I neglected myself a little bit, didn’t pay much attention to my nutrition and the warts returned and I had to remove them again. So, you yourself have to work on boosting your immune system as well with the help of doctors of course.

Anyway, from what I have been reading, there must have come to some genetic changes that contributed to the evasion of the immune system. Also, the dysplasia is highly unlikely to progress to cancer if you are treated and have regular exams-if it’s any consolation.

If I were you, I would find a doc with good knowledge and experience in cervical changes, HPV, immune system, etc!

My DR does know which strand it is, but I myself forgot the name of it. I dont have the strand that causes warts, I have one of the 2 strands that can cause cervical cancer.

I had a cin11 dysplasa a year ago i had a leep. I wentback for my 6 month check all was normal. now i am due for my second 6 month check, Scared that it wont be normal... I am in hopes it will be and i can start just having year;y paps. I wish i new the percentage this can come back ..