Hi! I have huge problem. Recently, my girlfriend told me that she has HPV. What should I do? Can you explain me what is exactly HPV?

Hi! Best for both of you is to see a doctor. You can reduce your risk of transmitting HPV by abstaining from sex. Using condoms is not 100% safe; genital warts not covered by a condom can still transmit the virus. HPV can be spread from person to person even when no warts are visible. It's a fairly common disease. I had genital warts, doctor removed them, and my pap now is ok. It’s most important don’t panic. Everything can be resolved, but you must see a doctor. He will give you information about HPV.

Now wether your gf has warts or not...that's the question. HPV has many strains...some cause warts, some don't...and you can even have more than one strain. The strain that is most dangerous is the one that men carry and can give women (or of course, women could give eachother) that can lead to cervical cancer.