i'm 21 and up until a couple of years ago i never had this problem. when i'm watching tv shows or films i like i sometimes get really emotional and have to stop myself from crying. it doesn't matter if what i'm watching makes me feel sad or happy both emotions almost bring me to tears. can anyone tell me why?

This could be caused by more than one thing. It could be something hormonal. Are your periods off, by chance? When this started to occur, did your menstrual cycle change/stop/etc.?

Did something traumatic happen to you? Sometimes we can have trauma in our lives and it can change our brain chemistry and cause us to be more emotional than we would like. If so, I suggest you see a psychiatrist. They may be able to help you.

Can you pinpoint anything in your life that happened that may have caused this, specifically at the start of these episodes? Is there anything specific in those shows and movies that makes you cry? Even though it can be happy or sad, are those situations similar at all, such as involving a parent-child relationship? If you can pinpoint anything like that, perhaps you can work on whatever is emotionally disturbing you.

I think that it can be indicative of a more serious problem but at the same time, it could also be indicative of more healthily expressing yourself. What makes you think that this would be a problem

I'm going to tell you a secret: I cry at every movie. I always have, and I'm very well-adjusted, so I don't have any explanation for you as to why I do that. I think you may just feel your emotions more strongly than other people. What do you think?

me nd my bf have been datin since april 2nd and over the summer he slept over alot nd were only 18 but now since were both bak in school, we barely c each other nd its hard and when he does come to visit me its amazing i love him soo much and when he kleaves i dont want him to go nd i get really emotional nd i basically start tocry ...and its odd because i usually dont cry and he asked why ive become soo emotional and i dont know what to say..... what coud cause the random outburst of tears?