I am 24 years old, have two healthy kids... My fiance and I got preg. and he was very confused. We fought alot due to that, and neither of us wanted to bring a baby into the world with all of the fighting with us, he told me to abort. So, I did. Yes, i know it was ultimately my decision. I didn't want to be a single mother of 3 children. He and I are back together and have been great for months. I am still soooooo upset that i did abort. I almost just want to get preg. so that I can undo what i did.. I know that it won't undo it... b ut i have such guilt! Sometimes i just cry... I went and got the shot because i found myself trying to get preg. and not really telling him... He would be happy if we did, but I don't think it is the time... i guess that i don't really have a question, just needed to vent a little! thanks...

You aren't alone, we did the same thing. I'm 30 engaged, have no children...got pregnant. We didn't know if he could stay in the country, we had HUGE cultural differences, he had culture shock here, I had culture shock in his country....the stress of everything got us fighting. I was afraid to have a child and have no support (his country would never enforce a child support payment here). Finally I left him and terminated the pregnancy. It was the hardest thing ever...

Anyhow, we overcame our differences (he's staying)...I am still missing that child. However, this has brought us closer together, he supported any decision I made...and is now greatly comforting to me. It was definitely not the right time...and still isn't, but still....I have a lot of trouble thinking of the baby we might have had. I know he'd love to try again right now...but I just started secretly taking BCP's. I want to be married, stable, and settled before bringing a baby into this world.

Anyhow, the shot CAN make you depressed and can increase the hormone fluctuation the abortion caused. Maybe taking an antidepressant would help you balance and come to terms with it all. It is definitely helping me.

Yeah, you're definitely not alone. I'm 19, and I recently had to abort a child I couldn't afford or take care of.. and it's been months since the incident. I still cry when I see babies. I honestly caught myself trying to get pregnant again, too.

I don't know what I was thinking really, but I think those maternal instincts sometimes override our logic. Anyway, I know how you feel.. and it's a hard subject to discuss with anyone openly because the subject is SO controversial.

But keep your head up, time is really healing. I just had to make myself deal with the fact I did it.. be my own motivational speaker, and now instead of directing that energy to being sad-- get on your feet, and make it possible for you to be able to have a baby in the future. :-)

I hope you feel better!

I just had an abortion yesterday. I was at 10 weeks. I originally thought my husband and I would keep the baby. The longer I was pregnant though the more stressed and sad I would get. We decided to end the pregnancy so I could go to school and not have the weight of motherhood on my shoulders.

I have never regretted anything so much in my life. After the procedure was over I immediately felt remorseful and upset. Now I would give up school and the whole world to have my baby back. I panicked and let my baby go before I even realized what I had. I want to get pregnant again as soon as possible to make it all right in my head. I want a second chance to not take forgranted. I can't stop crying and thinking of what could have been. I didnt appreciate what I had til it was gone. I hope I get pregnant so badly.

It seems like you are loading the entire thing onto your plate. It was not your decision entirely. Your partner's feelings played a significant role in influencing your decision.

The decision to conceive should be something that you both mutually agree on. Trying to conceive out of guilt will only further complicate the situation.

I think you should take this time to focus on the two healthy children you do have and avoid reflecting on past decisions. You should not hold guilt over a decision that was necessary at the time. We often look back on the decisions we make and have a sudden realization. That realization should be used in a positive light to influence future decisions.

The choice to conceive is as you already know a big commitment. If your partner wants a child you should consider his needs, but also consider your emotional and physical needs. Not to mention the financial strain it tends to put on the family.

If you find yourself unable to function or just seem stuck on this you may want to consult your doctor and see about getting a refferal for some psychotherapy. Most good insurance carriers will cover the first few sessions with no questions asked and then work with the provider to continue treatment if necessary.

am regretted with what ever i did...it has been 2 years
the father said we can have the baby next time..all the promises turns into lies.. he left me without feeling guilty..like nothing happend..left me with all the burden..
except crying i really dono what to do i wish i can undo everything..at least my baby will be with me..
today is morther's day..am not deserve for it

my birthday=my abortion day, forever i will remember what i have done

i ask God to shorten my life after i die i will search for them

I feel for you hun. I am 19 years old & i had an abortion over a month ago. i was 11 weeks along, planning on keeping it, but the financial stress was too much, i couldn't even afford an obstetrician, so i got an abortion. at the time i was okay with it but now i wish i could take it all back. i want my baby back. i'm convinced it was a baby girl. i cry myself to sleep every night, & every time i see a baby on tv or at the store i tear up or break down (if i'm at home watching tv). i couldn't go to my boyfriend's friend's house the other day because him & his girlfriend just had a baby girl a couple months ago & seeing the baby would have devastated me. i've thought about getting pregnant again but i don't want the financial stress of being a broke college student w/ a boyfriend who may be out of a job in a couple months (it's a temp thing, he got the job after the abortion, while i was pregnant he was unemployed, so we had $0 coming in). my boyfriend wanted the baby more than anything, he's permanently scarred now, i made the decision to abort without him. i know i'm young & can't financially support a child right now, but i just want my baby girl back :-(

I agree with everyone on here im 17 and had an abortion when i was 15 i was 20 weeks and i went away on holiday when i was 17 weeks not knowing i was pregnant i knew i had put wieght on but i never thought anything about it i did a pregnancy test when i got back and it was possitive i was shocked and scared as it wasnt expected as i was on the pill. I was in a relationship and im still in the same one now all i have is regret and so does my partner it was hard keeping it from my family the only person that knew was my partner and he regrets it too i was doing my g.c.s.e's at the time and had so much on my mind i was scared of what my parents reactions would be and also as i wasnt at the legal age for sex all i kept thinking of was everyone else and what they thought it just took over and this was the only reason i did what i did. I wish i could turn back time but i can't i just keep thinking about once the proceedure was done what happend to my baby! It was hard for me to go to the clinic's in between school as i had exams and i would have 1 day off throught the week as a study day and instead of studying i was at diffrent clinics booking diffrent appointments i was lucky that my partner had just passed his driving lesson as the clinic i had to go to for the abortion was 100 miles away from my home and he went with me and supported me all the way and i thank him for that i cant begin to think how hard it must be for someone who hasnt got a supportive partner i give my love to every one who has been through the emotions of an abortion and untill someone has been though this i dont think they have a right to judge us in a bad way at all. x

I'm 24 and i had an abortion 2 weeks ago, when i was exactly 10 weeks pregnant. Deep down i thought i wasn't ready for a baby even though my boyfriend wanted to keep it. I went for the abortion at 7 weeks pregnant but ran out as i didnt know if i was doing the right thing. When i got out i felt like had done the wrong thing by running out so i booked another appointment and had the abortion a few weeks later. Initially straight after i had the abortion i felt numb and didnt even cry, i just concentrated on feeling better. But now 2 weeks on i feel so upset. i would of been having my first scan this week. I keep thinking that i want to get pregnant right now to somehow correct what i've done. i don't kno if this is normal or not, but the feeling of being pregnant again is so strong. i feel like iv let everyone down and i think of the baby i aborted all the time. I feel i have murdered the baby and if i could turn back tme i wish i could have kept it. Its quite strange because i have always been pro-choice and i thoguht i would be fine after the procedure.

i sometimes just sit and cry. And when the stars come out at night, i know one of them is my baby who i will always remember.
xxx

Its been 4 years but it feels like yesterday. I was 9 weeks pregnant by an ex who refused to wear anything. Its in my thoughts all the time i'm alone, I cant seem to move forward. I ask myself do I deserve to move forward? I'm so lucky since I have married and ahve a beautiful child that I truly wanted with my husband. But I still cannot comprehend why I aborted my child. I think about him every day and wonder what amazing person he would be.

I'm sorry my child, I love you, rest in peace

i just need to post this...i was the only one who made the decision to have an abortion...i'd been with my boyfriend for about 4 years and i know my mum wouldnt have been mad and i know his family wouldhave probably liked it...and i know he would have been fine with it...i told him and he said it was completely up to me..i dont know if this was a cowards choice but watever...if he had told me what to do i'd probably hate him now.

so i decided to have an abortion..i woke up from the op crying...i dont even know why...i was actually happy - i knew this wasnt wat i needed (1st year at uni) and i was happy, relieved, in fact. i had never wanted children n i certainly didnt want one when i was 18....

but after it i cried at everything...every child..every time a mother looked into her childs eyes like it was the most amazing thing she;d ever seen...every time a family passed me..i wanted it so bad...had horrible dreams and i just wanted my baby so bad...it didnt even feel like i had got rid of it ...

it felt like i'd lost it...it-im sorry, he-had been taken from me ... i wanted my baby boy back

i loved him

i do love him

i certainly do not think abortions should be illegal..no one ever wants an abortion n i dont think any woman would consider it contraception but i do feel that a lot more emphasis has to be put on how badly this sort of thing can make you feel, even if you dont think it will...so that less women-hopefully-will get themselves in this horrible situation.

i was with my fiance for over two years and everything seemed fine and we were going to get married in a few months until i found out that i was pregnant.he was upset and told me he wanted me to have an abortion because it would be easier for us to wait until we moved to his country and got the house ready.he told me that he loved me more than anything but we should wait.a week later we went to the clinic and i couldn't go through with it.so we left and he cried all day and talked me again into doing what he wanted.so next time we went i went through with it and found out i was 9 weeks.two days after i had the abortion he moved out and said that he needed time to think.i was okay the day after because i thought i had someone to take care of me and be there for me when i needed him but i didn't and its been 8 months and it doesn't get better.i cant forgive myself for what i did.and i cant forgive anyone else that was involved.i really dont have anyone to talk to and ive had to do this by myself.i hate myself for what i did and i find myself wanting to get pregnant again and not caring about anything else. i feel so guilty and stupid for making that mistake that i didn't want to do.i dont know how to get on with my life now ive lost who i am.is it even possible to get on with life?????

I have aborted when I was 8 weeks pregnant.but still now I cry everyday. There is no one to share by sorrow and grief. I can not stop crying after seeing a baby.. All I think all the time is how sweet he or she may be.. Life has become a burden to me. My world has stopped. I have killed an innocent life. do not know what to do...

I have aborted when I was 8 weeks pregnant. It was 11.10.07. From that very day my world has stopped. I can not stop thinking about my lost child. I have killed my baby, my cute baby. An innocent life. That day still haunts me. No body is there now to share my mental agony. Only thing I expect a major punishment from god.
Love u my child..love u...do not leave me..

This is my story.

I'm 17. I was 14 at the time. I was so in love with my boyfriend. We had sex the day he left to go to austria for a month with his family, i felt something strange inside me [no i wasnt a virgin before this]. A few weeks later i felt ill constantly; i was away with my friend for a month in the country side just me and her in a cottage. I felt depressed for days on end. Cut the hell out of myself in the bath trying to understand what was wrong. Then i realized i was pregnant. I cant really remember what i felt to be honest. Just pain. And god i felt so scared. I walked round holding my stomach like a prized posession. Then after the holiday was over it dawned on me; id have to start telling. As i arrived home my mum sat me down to tell me my nan had died while i was away. then i got a call from my boyfriend [we hadnt spoken during out holidays], he said something like 'hey look i know this isnt the best of times but we really need to break up babe when i was away i just though know...this isnt right blah blah blah'. Kept my mought shut...just said okay. Cried myself to sleep. Went to see my friends..they could see i was different. one saw my belly was bigger and was like OH MY GOD RAY NO?!...They found out. Then he found out. Didnt talk to me one bit other than to say its up to me. I sorted out the abortion arrangements; i knew it couldnt happen. Soon my mum found out...i think a few days before my appointment. She went menal. everything a bit of a blurr from here. Remember laying in my bed that morning; putting them pills in that start to break down your womb...didnt cry once. Went to the hospital. Sat in a daze. Doctors came and went and came and went. Put on that stupid gown. Layed down and waited for them to come weel my bed into their stupid operating theater. Cant remember much of it. Just remember an injection and counting back from ten. Waking up feeling dumb. Feeling so empty. Passed out again Mum waiting back in my room thing. Sad smile. had to eat before i left. Ate so quick. Went to stand to walk to the toilet. Collapsed. Nearly passed out in the toilet. Bleeding everywhere. Went home. Wasnt allowed to be alone. Every day since ive wanted to die. I have more scars on my body then i have skin. People dont understand what its like in my mind. Just the empty feeling. Trying to make myself put on weight so i look pregnant. Hurting as many people as i can. I cant cry any more. And god i need to. So yeah thats my story. So if anyone else feels like that, please let me know.

_[removed]_