Hi, I just had an abortion a week ago this coming Friday. Everyone has their own beliefs, but I thought this would help me in my own emotional recovery. It's nice to know I'm not alone. Thanks!

Hi there! I am in Charlotte NC TOO!

I had my abortion outside of Charlotte though, because charlotte clinics do not offer IV sedation or asleep sedation.

You are not alone!

You know, I've had two beautiful children via c-section and didn't take any pain meds after they were over and I have to say, having an abortion was the worst pain I've ever been in.

I actually work in an abortion clinic, it is out of town, and ALL women are put to sleep for the procedure.

I reccomend that women get put to sleep for an abortion, but clinics here do not offer that.

They DO offer "Injection sedation", but that is not the same as a good IV anesthetic.

Did you have any sedation at all?

Nope, they gave me an 800mg Ibupropen and a muscle relaxer. Those may have worked had the doctor not been late. By the time he got there any effects those drugs had on me had worn off by then.

If I may ask..

What is the most difficult thing right now emotionally that you are dealing with?

Emotionally, I feel guilt and anger. The man I was with was great until 3 days after the abortion. Then he decided to break up with me. So I'm just hurt and angry and feel like such a horrible person and I know it's something that can't be undone.

Hi southerngal29,

I was reading you post today. I was a bit on the late side, sorry. I just wanted to let you know that there ABSOLUTELY is healing, I am a counselor for women who wish to heal from post abortion traumas of any kind. I read your scripture on the bottom, and it touched my heart deeply. I am here if you have any questions or need anything at all. I also have references of places that can help you (free of charge) in dealing with these things if you wish. Bless you sweetie.

Hizgrace

I had an abortion two weeks ago and while I feel better now, I was bawling my eyes out for days thinking about what happened while I was sedated...I just hate the thought of being in such a degrading and vulnerable position, having all that stuff done to you while not even aware of it...

has anyone else ever heard of someone being upset about the sedation aspect of their abortion? I mean, I was lucky that the whole thing was nearly painless, but I felt totally violated that they put my legs in those troughs and did everything while I was not in control. Plus with conscious sedation they said I was talking and responding to questions about the procedure!!! My doctor said the sedation is similar to the date rape drug in this way!!!! Any advice about how to get past this?
PS I left my man after this experience, the relationship was heading off the tracks anyway.

:-( I AM REALLY SCARED, SAD I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO
I DONT KNOW IF WHAT I AM DOING IS THE RIGHT THING
I KNOW THAT ITS A SIN BUT IM ALREADY A SINGLE MOM OF ONE CHILD AND THE GUY MADE IT CLEAR THAT HE IS NOT TRYING TO BE RESPONSIBLE AND CHILD SUPPORT IM ASSUMING WILL BE LESS THAN $ 200 WHAT THE HECK AM I GOING TO DO IF I DO KEEP IT I PLAN ON GOING BACK TO SCHOOL I BEGIN ICE SKATING NEXT MONTH

I had an abortion almost 7 years ago. I regret every single day of my life. The pain does not go away. No matter how difficult the situation is, just look around and see how many families struggled with more kids than planned but did okay at the end. Once you have an abortion there is no undoing, you will always wonder how that child would have been. I honestly believe I made the biggest mistake of my life. My only hope now is to tell other women about my experience so that they don't go that path. Be strong, be wholesome, one day you will be so proud of that...

Hizgrace4all wrote:

SOUTHERNGAL29 wrote:

Hi southerngal29,

Hizgrace

If you could pass some of those references my way, that would be greatly appreciated. I am having an abortion Friday and know I am going to need support.

I had an abortion yesterday, i went in thinking this is what i want to do, im 19 years old, im from Canada studying to be a doctor in Hungary, and had the operation there. Everything was fine and I was feeling a sense of relief. Today while on the internet i needed some closure to what exactly my 8 week year old fetus looked like and went though. I know i made the right descicion but i cant help and feel i committed a crime. I feel like it was something part of me and now i was part in killing it. It's not about being to young, but could i inflict pain on something that i think i would have loved. We all make mistakes and I feel guilty for getting pregnant and now dealing with the consequences of the emotional battle of the after abortion feeling. I don't know how to feel. Happy, because now I can make something of myself and have the life i planned, or sad because i had just destroyed life when i am going into a profession that tries and saves lives. I am not pro or against abortion because we all do it for different reasons, but i can't help but look at the images of an aborted 8 week year old fetus and wonder if what i did was right.

If someone can please give some advice would be great. I haven't told any of my family members , my friends are the only ones who know, and the guy who got me pregnant broke up with me 3 weeks before i found out, he has been somewhat supportive but still, for him this is a relief, and he doesn't talk to me at all. I don't know how to feel. I just need some advice

Hi There,
You know, you ARE NOT alone, there are SOOOOO many women whom share THE SAME grief, confusion and other feelings that you do. Often times, these women are too afraid or ashamed or something to share with other women, afraid they might be judged.
There is DEFINETELY healing, though. If you look in the phone book at Abortion Alternatives, they have Post Abortion Recover counseling. It is usually free and TOTALLY confidential. I was a lay counselor myself.
Please feel free to post me any time with questions or anything, ok?

Hizgrace