I had sex for the first time 3 weeks ago Sunday. I had been taking my birth control pills for exactly one week when we decided to have sex and the night we had sex I was late by one hour taking my pill but never missed. The leaflet that came with my pills said to use a back-up method when having sex after 7 days of first taking the pills. I made sure he put a condom on. Several times we tried for our first time but he couldn't stay hard enough to do it, so he kept replacing his condom with a new one as a caution because every time he was trying to make himself hard again he was worried he was ripping it. We finally did it and the condom didn't break or anything. 2 hours later we tried again doing the same thing with the condom. Both times he never came and neither did I (of course, I know me coming has nothing to do with getting pregnant...it's him). The next day we had sex 2 more times with a couple of hours between both and we still used a condom; several. He came only the last time we did it and he wasn't even inside me completely and it didn't rip. Why do I have the feeling I'm pregnant? I don't mean by symptoms but just mental feelings. He never came but that one time and we were completely protected (maybe over protected) but I'm worried I'm pregnant. This week I'm off the pill and last Friday I started bleeding like I was starting my period (my first in-active pill started on Saturday) then it faded into a light color, then brown and now just a light brown and sometimes weird smell. I looked it up and it described it as implantation bleeding. I hope this is just spotting from my pills because I haven't missed one pill and have only been as late as 3 hours taking it. But the missing it by 3 hours was 2 or 3 days after the last time I had sex. Would my chances of being pregnant be slim or large? I haven't hardly worried about it for 2 weeks since but since this past Saturday when I was suppose to start, it's worried me again. Is it possible that this is pills or pregnant? I don't feel any of the symptoms that follow pregnancy. We also both decided we're not going to have sex anymore until we're completely ready because we feel we're too young but it was still a great experience. Should I be worried or go on with life because nothing's wrong and I'm just over-exaggerating? Please help!

Hi honey! 1st of all you are NOT pregnant - just worrying can cause these feelings! 2nd VERY good practices, I tell my boys to ALWAYS wear condoms even if their girlfriends are on the pill! And continue doing this IF you want to continue having sex! As a counsellor on here and in real life! I find that girls and boy either know WAY too much - which makes them frightened of sex, or virtually nothing which makes them feel like they can do things like unprotected sex on a wednesday after 4!!!! 8-| ;-) Just trying to lighten the mood honey! Also I will add this part, when your boyfreind is about to ejaculate, he pulls out and ejaculates into the condom - outside your vagina! This way there will always be ZERO chance of pregnancy! But just breathe OK? You are fine I promise!

Thank you so much! I guess it's those first time jitters I hear about all the time and I'm getting them. We both had talked about it before deciding to do it and felt it was ok since we were going to be responsible and protected about it. I started worrying about it because he said he came and was worried he got it on me or inside me. I knew it wasn't a big deal because he was wearing the condom and wasn't inside me all the way but I let it worry me for some strange reason. Then I started worrying about it again because of my period not coming or at least lasting like it did. I just was confused if it was implantation bleeding or my period and it was just short. I'm still sort of scared that next month it won't come at all and I am pregnant but I'm going to try and keep your advice in mind to get me through it. Thank you so much!

Ok coming back to this topic 6 months later: my boyfriend (same one) and I decided to have sex again and we basically did the same thing as last time. Sex 4 times in two days, several condoms, been taking birth control without missing a pill (and have been taking it for 6 months), had sex 7 days after taking the first active pill, and he never came inside the condom inside me. Between the time I last had sex and the middle of last week, I haven't worried about it so I haven't felt different. Since the middle of last week up until now, I've been worrying about it, plus, I took my last active pill this past Saturday and first inactive pill Sunday. I'm not having any normal pregnancy symptoms but my period still hasn't started on it's off week yet and I'm worried I am pregnant. Could this be a possibility out of all this I've described? In the back of my mind I don't see it possible but my body doesn't. My lower half of my body feels crampy but not unbearable and I'm not sure if it's my stomach (because I've had a lot of gas lately), my uterus, or normal period cramps. Please someone let me know their opinion as to what might be happening.