My 13 year old son has serious emotional disturbances and he is about to have in-patient hospitalization. I was explained he would be given the proper treatment while he’s in-patient hospitalized but I’m in no way familiar with the in-patient hospitalization and wonder what I can expect.

In patient hospitalization always mean that the child is very destructive and have suicidal thoughts and in general is in such condition when the outpatient treatment won’t work so he simply needs in-patient hospitalization where the proper medication would be given to him as well as the specific form pf psychiatric therapy. My child also suffered from heavy disturbances as a reaction to some terrible event he has gone through as a child and
7 years ago he also needed inpatient hospitalization. It night happened that your child refuses to be hospitalized so you as a parent would have to sign some papers that you agree with in-patient hospitalization as well as to sign some other papers regarding the medical and psychiatric therapy and also you’ll have to provide hospital stuff with some personal details regarding where you live or work, where your child goes to school and similar. And before he is in-patient try to prepare your child of what he is about to face and tell him you’ll stay in touch by the phone and also you’ll be coming to visit him. You need to get familiar with some regular issues regarding your child’s in-[patient hospitalization-meaning that you need to know what are visiting hours, who would be your contact person, what would be your role in treatment.