Hello! I would like to hear what could be the cause of my chest pain and facial numbness. I am so concerned over my health lately for I feel kind of a depressed but am also suffering from insomnia but what frightens me most is this chest pain and occasionally facial numbness though I also have some other symptoms such as dry mouth and some unexplainable feeling that comes from my stomach but I can't tell it is about pain and whenever I have these weird symptoms I am not able swallowing and I think it has something to do with my weird tense sensation in my arms and shoulders area which usually result in facial numbness and chest pain. What do you think this could be?

I would say you are anxious and depressed regarding your shoulders and arms tension for you know whenever you are under the stress or have anxious attack your chest and shoulders nerve are first to be affected somehow so that is where the most likely these chest pain and facial numbness comes from in your case. Rethink this twice you must be under the stress lately or you are very tense so I would say that your chest pain and facial numbness are actually caused by your depression and eventual anxiety especially regarding those other symptoms such as sore throat, insomnia and trouble swallowing for usually in anxious people those symptoms comes along with chest pain and facial numbness.

Ricki - My son has the very same symptoms as Estel.  His back even hurts.  He has been to the emergency room several times as he thinks he is having a heart attack.  He cannot even hold a job as when this hits him, he has to leave.  He has been told STRESS - he is under no stress - these symptoms will come and go for a couple weeks then not return for a week to a couple months.  Whatever it is, it is happening more frequently and becoming more severe, affecting more areas of his body.  It even affects the bottom back of his leg.  He has a drawer full of medicines, none of which have worked.  He has had a stress test and it showed nothing.  He swears he will die from a heart attack one of these days.  If he does, there will be many institutions sued.  He has been treated by some doctors as a drug addict.  This guy HATES to take an aspirin when he has a headache.  I am his mom and have been with him when he has been in the ER.  This scares his dad and I as well as his wife.  He has no insurance because he does not qualify for "disability", even though he cannot work due to this as it renders him disabled, and is currently trying to get on Medicaid so he can receive the same treatment as others.  We do not know what else to do, but, it is NOT in his head. 

Did you ever figure out what was going on with your son?

You have a herniated cervical disc in your neck and when it is pinched it causes the nerves leading to your face and chest to be affected. It isn't stress. Ask your doctor for an MRI of your cervical spine.

I have been having the same symptoms for 3 years. Can't work like your son. Hospitalized for days at a time and no one knows y. I can feel for you. I pray for your family as I am going through this hell also.

Have same issues of concern and same symptoms.

Have you had your son tested for Fibromuscular Displaysia? Symptons sound very familiar. Would show up on a CT and CTA scan.