Hi. I’m very scared. My baby seems to breath very stressfully and deeper than he should. He also coughs. This is my third baby and I know that something is wrong… He seems so less playful, and less interested in food than my other kids used to be. I’m very concerned that something is wrong with him but I don’t know what. Is there anybody here who could give me some advise?? What could this be? Where should I take him?? Thanks – I’m waiting for your replies.

From the symptoms you’ve described, I think it is highly possible that your baby has an RSV or respiratory syncytial virus. This is such a common virus that virtually all children have been infected by RSV by the age of 3. But, in most cases it results in a mild respiratory infection which is not distinguishable from a cold. As an infant or young child who is experiencing his first RSV infection may develop a severe infection in the lower respiratory tract the best thing you can do is to take him to hospital and ask doctors to check him for RSV. If results turn out to be positive, than your baby should be hospitalized. It will stay there few days, get proper treatment and everything should get back to normal very soon. You don’t have to worry too much because RSV infection is self-limiting and requires no specific therapy but it should be diagnosed in early stages in order to treat it on time. Hope this helps.