Hi, reiki is a traditional Japanese technique of spiritual healing and self-improvement. It is a method of relaxation that can be used for healing. The reiki healer uses his hands to channel "spiritually guided life force energy”. This energy is then focused on the patient and the part of his or hers body that needs to be healed. There is much dispute about reiki healing. Some scientist consider it a pseudoscience, on the other hand some medical journals have published papers on reiki healing positive effect with treatment of blood pressure, anxiety and depression. I personally am not convinced that a person can be cured by the simple touch of hand. But that is just my opinion, you should decide for yourself.

Since you are familiar with reiki concept of healing I would be very happy to answer your questions about becoming a reiki practitioner. I have taken the first degree course and I am very satisfied. The reiki technique is very simple to learn. Everyone can be taught to use the reiki energy because it is the universal life force energy and there for it is available to all. There are the first degree, the second degree, and the master course. Through the first degree course, called Shoden I have learned the basic methods of using the reiki energy. The teacher helped me to become a stronger and clearer channel for reiki energy. I have learned to use reiki energy on myself. Practicing reiki has helped me to become more relaxed and also has done wonders regarding my general health. The course I took was divided in two parts. For the first part you stay at home and learn using books and tapes you will get from your teacher. The second part is a live one-day class in which you learn to apply the knowledge you obtained at home. All together it shouldn’t take more than 15 to16 hours. This was all the raiki I was interested in, but if you want to become a practitioner you should take the second degree course where you can learn to use reiki energy on others. It should last about 12 to 13 hours and is also divided in two parts. If this doesn’t quite satisfy you, you can always take the Master course which lasts approximately five days.

am intersted in stuyding riki where to go and how long it take?