I know that my 24 year old colleague has been molested as a child. We are not that close but she’s dear to me and I’m concerned she could lose her job for it is so obvious to me that she is in depression. And ever since she confined that she has been molested as a child I knew that she needs some kind of an urgent help. I’ve noticed that she tales some pills but she told me that she never went to the doc and talk to somebody about her trouble. I’d like to know where she could go to get the proper treatment.

Well she already made the first important step and that is providing a strong support, there’s someone who cares about her and her mental and health condition. That’s for sure if she has been molested as a child she needs medical and professional help. It is more likely she has some kind of a depression but I would say she holds herself well regarding the fact she has been molested as a child. That’s something that needs urgent treatment so I recommend she goes to her doc and get the right diagnose meaning she would be prescribed the proper treatment which are usually some type of antidepressants that would reduce her depression symptoms. And if the depression is treated on time and on the right way the better are the chances for curing it and for decreasing the depression flare ups symptoms and their frequency. Also having friends and strong support of the environment means having good treatment and let her try also with psychiatric consultation as well as with some alternative therapies and I am positive that some exercise would much improve her condition so you two might try going on jogging together for example.