Hello, guys. My friend has been diagnosed with gangrene. He had a wound that got infected. He is hospitalized and I am very worried about him. Can he have some system problems because of this? What do you think? I will really appreciate all your sincere replies. Thank you in advance. Bye!

Hi, there. Gaseous gangrene can give very severe systemic complications. If it is left untreated, it can be lethal within 48 hours. Even when there is a treatment, 1 out of 8 of these people have lethal prognosis. It is good that your friend has been hospitalized since he will get the most proper care there. One of the most dangerous complications is shock. A patient can die due to shock in a minute. I hope your friend will recover. Good luck! Bye!

Hello. Shock is one of the complications, but there can be more. This shock can easily damage the liver or kidney function. It can even lead to kidney failure. Bacteria can spread through the body via bloodstream. This is also known as sepsis. Consciousness can also be impaired. It can go from stupor to coma. You don’t need to worry so much for your friend. If he is in a hospital, I believe he will get a proper care. Bye!