I read that some people are using indoor trainers for their workouts. The others keep saying that nothing can beat real biking. I am at a loss here since I don’t know who to listen to. If indoor trainers are that good I will get one. On the other hand if they are not necessary I don’t want to waste my money. Indoor trainer or real biking?

I would say…both! Indoor trainers are great help during winter since they enable you to work out in a nice and warm atmosphere of your apartment or house while the sleet may be whipping across the country and the streets may be covered with ice or snow. You can work out during winter and keep the good form until spring comes. Then you should go outside and continue cycling on a real road. Fresh air, nice countryside and real conditions on the road will enable you to fine tune your workouts.