I hate winter. When you come to think about short cold days and long and even colder nights I wish that spring was already here and that I was riding on warm sunny day along some nice valley road. Therefore I am thinking about getting an indoor trainer. Any recommendations?

Good choice. First you have to decide how much money you are going to spend on it. You can get by with as little as $70 or as much as $400 for a good indoor trainer. Second thing is the kind of resistance you want. There are three types; fan, magnet or fluid. Fan trainers are cheaper but noisier. Magnet trainers are usually quiet and smooth. Their prices are usually reasonable. If you want lifelike resistance and less heat buildup on your tires and don’t mind spending some extra money then you should go for the fluid trainers. Regarding the construction you will find that more expensive trainers are heavier but provide better stability. You also won’t go wrong if you select a folding model. Larger trainers that require you to remove the front wheel should be avoided. If you are afraid of being bored you may consider rollers, especially if you have a road bike. They are more expensive. On top of that you will have to learn how to balance on three spinning drums but you will not be bored…and they will improve your bike handling skills. To prop up the front wheel you can buy small plastic blocks or you can just use a phone book.