Do you think that I should buy exercise bike or wind trainer? I don’t really know the difference between the two, and I could really use some advice about this because my wish to start cycling is impossible to realize since my work commitments are keeping me busy all day and I really don’t have the time to get ready and go to the park to cycle.

Wait a minute! Aren’t those two terms actually synonymous? I think that these refer to the same thing, that is, a stationary bicycle. In my opinion it’s just the matter of semantics!  So, the more important question is which of the three types of exercise bikes to buy. So, there are wind trainers (or air trainers), magnetic trainers and finally fluid trainers. The difference is in the mechanism used for creating the resistance when you’re pedaling. The first type is the noisiest and thus cheapest, and the other two are making less noise. Fluid trainer is completely noiseless and it’s the most expensive type. In my opinion, maybe you should get a magnetic trainer, because it’s affordable and the noise isn’t unbearable. I hope I have helped you at least a bit.