I need any advice about how to train mountain biking. Is it the same as trail cycling? I’ve got a very good mountain bike as a birthday present and I’d like to use all its benefits and qualities. Can you tell me do I have to practice hill training and what kind of gear is necessary for that? Is mountain biking too exhausting? Maybe I should start with road cycling because I’m bit out of condition.

No, you don’t have to start with road cycling first. Both types of cycling are exhausting regardless of the terrain type. Trail cycling is a more adventurous kind of cycling because you’ll usually ride off the beaten track and on uneven terrains, thought the woods, mud and countryside. You should start with hill training very carefully and moderately because cycling up the hill can cause knee and hamstring problems if your muscles are not fit enough and well warmed up. As for the gear, you should definitely get one of those gadgets for navigation, which can provide you with maps of the area, such as Garmin Edge. A helmet is a must and appropriate clothes which will protect you from cold, rain, scratches and unpleasant falls.