I do not have diabetis. I have been treated with steroids three times after losing the sight in my left eye. My sight returned each time within two days or less to 20/25. My neuro-opthamologist has also used the word nyropathy. MRI's show no inflamation in the arteries and no problems in the brain.

how long did it take you sight to come back after treatment?...what kind of steroid did they give you?

Hi Audrey! I am actually having the same problem! The first time it was only one of my eyes but now it has occurred in both eyes and even reoccurred. My eyesight generally takes more than two days to come back and even sometimes up to a couple weeks. I have been on the steroid drops and many other eye drops. The doctors whom I have seen aren't sure what to do, or even if the eye drops are helping. I was just wondering if you have had any luck figuring out what you have or if you have had even more symptoms! Thanks for the help!