My eye lid has been swollen shut since February 22nd and I went to urgent care the next day and they gave me antibiotics eye drops and then I scheduled an appointment for the eye doctor amd he said my eye was just g in he think that its a muscle problem and I explain to him that I never had a problem with my before and I have perfect vision but he has recommended me to see his muscle specialist and im going to see him on Monday ...but it is very difficult to see with just one eye ....but I wanted to know is there a way that the swelling can go down and I can open it without pain and no my pain is not severe

Hi Lowry,

Swelling is usually due to an infection - likely why you were given antibiotics.  It would be unusual for a "muscle problem" to suddenly develop.

I don't think you should wait any longer without being able to open your eye.  Get another opinion for a different eye doctor.  You do mean an opthamologist correct? 

Bell's Palsy is a somewhat common condition that can cause swelling and drooping of the eyelids.  Anti-viral medications and anti-inflammatories can provide some relief.

In case of eye glaucoma, eye pressure is build and may harm your eye nerve.You may check with doctor about this condition.Sometimes eyes get swollen due to allergies and eye doctor prescribe antihistamine eye drops or oral allergy medication for the treatment.