I hear that what makes a good athlete is his endurance and ability to dig deep down in his energy pool and find that last bit of power to complete the task. They say that that is why energy bars are for. Can you give me some info on best energy bars? Are they really necessary?

It is true that top athletes know how to extract a tiny last bit of their energy and use them when needed most. But this depends on how well they are trained and their energy reserves. While energy bars can be convenient and handy tool to replenish your carb stores or add extra sugar they are not that important as some may think. Your glycogen stores depend among other things on time and type of carbs ingested immediately after the last exercise. Energy bars can be easily replaced with various fruit (grapes, bananas, etc.)

I don't think that energy bars are healthy so I wouldn't recommend it. It is better for you to pick some natural food that will give you energy, and proteins and other healthy stuff than some energy bars.

So are healthy I believe - they contain grains and nuts - I love corny with pieces of chocolate they have honey instead sugar :) mmm.. nice

Some of the bars on the market do not increase your energy, but cause fatigue with their high sugar content.
The best brands? I'd go with Ironman PR, Balance or Zone Perfect.