What are the best diet secret? I can really do with some, because I have been dieting for a month now and have lost nowhere near the amount of weight that I wanted and needed to lose. There must be something I am missing. What do you think it is? What are your best diet secrets and how did you manage to lose the weight you wanted?

Hi there, I have been trying to lose weight also along with my sister. I am a very short person so the weight puts on easily for me...what I have been doing is getting more active. I walk everyday along with my sister, I eat healthier and work out as much as I can handle. I try to eat foods like fruit, meats, veggies, and drink lots of water. Drinking a lot of pop will add to your weight problems, I began drinking diet pop more and it has helped so much. Just walking every day will help also because you are getting your body active. If you watch what you eat and drink, and get more active you find that it will be easier to lose the weight. Everyone is different though so I guess you will have to find something that works good for you. Just remember to stay positive and get active as much as you can :-)
I hope this has helped!

In my experience, eating healthy and doing a regular work out are the most effective and safest way to lose your weight and keep it off. The key is changing the way you eat, learning balanced nutrition and putting it into practice every single day of your life. Till last May I had very unhealthy eating habits that made me gain quite a lot of pounds. Then I decided it was time to make a change and I went on a diet. I chose a mediterranean plan because I had read that it's a pretty healthy and balanced way to lose weight and, actually, I'm quite happy with it! I lost about 20 pounds so far just by eating more whole grains, fruits, vegetables, legumes and fish and by reducing my intake of meat and dairy. Here are some suggestions based on my diet you may find helpful: subdivide your daily food intake into 5 small sittings, this will help you curb your appetite between meals and you won't have the temptation of eating snacks all day; whenever you crave a candy, eat fruits and veggies instead (I always keep some raw vegetables in the fridge, just to have something healthy to crunch when I feel like snacking!); at least 3-4 times a week eat “all-in-one-meals” like pasta with vegetables (zucchini, artichokes) or pasta with legumes (beans, peas, lentils), they are quite nourishing, so you'll feel satiated as you would be after a three-course meal but with a lower intake of calories; prefer white meats because they are less fatty than red ones. And, also, try to avoid junk food and precooked foods: home made meals help you better control what you're eating and are much healthier than those ready-cooked meals you find in the stores. Of course, you must make sure that your diet and your daily contribution of energy match your caloric needs, depending on your age, build, lifestyle and activity level. Basically, to shed your extra pounds you need to expend more energy than you consume in your food intake, so you need to go on a diet that is really tailored for you and your weight loss goal. The diet I'm following is a personalized one, if you wish you can take a look at it and get a sample plan, useful to understand what your nutritional needs are and what kind of meals are the most suitable for you. You can find it on the web by googling ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed, it's provided by a team of italian nutritionists, so it's pretty safe, and you get it by email, that's quite convenient. Also, try to pair healthy eating with some regular work out: in my experience, swimming is a pretty good one both to burn calories and tone your body but I guess any sport is ok so far as you exercise regularly!
Well, these are my weight loss secrets! :-) Add a good dose of perseverance and hard work, be positive and strong willed and I'm sure you'll manage to get back in shape soon! I wish you all the best!

drinking a lot of water/green tea really helps and its not really watching what you eat but moderating it ecspeially if its fast food or really unheathy food dont eat it all the time and just stay active