Hello, i've had my left and right inguinal hernia repaired 2 weeks ago, my concern is that i still have swelling and pain, the pain feels like the pain i had before the surgery. Is this normal?

Hi archipiota, recovering from surgery like a hernia can take awhile so I hope you realize that it will take awhile before you totally feel normal, but for now it sounds like if you are still in a graet deal of pain and swelling that you should talk to your doctor to ake sure it's not a major issue. Can oyu please let us know how you are doing now because I know that it has been awhile sinc eyou last posted. Thanks again!

Hello, and thank you for your answer. It has been 4 weeks now since my surgery (laparoscopic) and i'm still with discomfort? I went back twice to my surgeon and he stated that he does not detect anything out of the ordinary he say's pain is not normal but i do not show any signs of infection, i guess it's my body adjusting to the mesh they used to repair the hernias and it's just a matter of time to heal??????

Hi archi, I'm sorry that your'e still experiencing discomfort! I think it's terrible because it sounds like you're not recovering the optimal way. I suppose it is a matter of time to heal but I think that since it's been a month and you're still feeling pain that it might at least be a good idea to get something like pain killers so that you can feel comfortable. Have you spoken to the surgeon about that?

Hello, I was researching about my surgery that I had last June and I'm still having pain form my hernia that i have done on the right side. My doctor keeps telling me that nothing is wrong, but I don't believe him anymore.I've seen 2 other doctors and one says you have to go the pain clinic and the other wanted me to get a cat scan. I have not had the cat scan, cuase my doctor said they won't tell much form the scan. Anyone with some good comments?
thanks.   

I had inguinal hernia surgery on July 10.  It's now August 12.  If I don't move, I have no pain.  If I sit down or stand up I get a sharp, shooting pain in the groin just past the surgical site.  I can still feel the bump under the scar, like a flattened tootsie roll. The pain is stabbing and severe.  Walking is not too much of a problem and I've resumed my normal fast walking speed, finally.  But twisting, bending forwards or backwards invokes the sharp, electric like pain which is about an 8/10.  Ready to ask for an x-ray or ultrasound to see if anything is amiss or if it's an adhesion, nerve entrapment or mesh problem.  Considerably not happy.