Hello, guys. I have a bulge on my abdomen wall. I went to the doctor’s office and I was diagnosed inguinal hernia. He says I must go on surgery for that. I must admit that I don’t feel totally comfortable with that. I would like to know something more about it. Thanks.

Hello to you too. If the hernia is small and does not bother a patient, doctor may suggest just waiting and watching the situation. However, if it is growing and painful, surgery is usually recommended. There are several surgical techniques. Herniorrhaphy consists of making an incision on abdomen wall. A surgeon puts back intestines into the abdominal cavity. He sews weaken or torn muscle. A patient is encouraged to move as soon as possible. Hernioplasty uses a patch to cover all weaken spots on abdominal wall. In any case, you shouldn’t be worried much. It is better to fix this problem than to get things complicated.