I have been diagnose with eighter a inguinal or a surgical hernia and have lots of pain .I have appointment this coming week with a surgeon to fix it.I really didn't know that these could be so darn painful Any info would be appreciated. thanks

depending on the place where the surgical incision was and where the scar formed, hernias that appear later can be very painful - one of my biggest fears is that I'll develop one since I have pretty big scar across my stomach.

Basically, hernia forms when the tissue from internal organs 'slips' through the weakened muscles and is practically only protected by skin. On top of that, if you had the hernia for longer period, this part of tissue can get twisted and since it's already displaced, it can get very painful or swollen.

Wish you all the best,

Nicole

had my hernia repaired earlier and will be better by the start of summer Fai,Alaska thanks nap time