Hi everyone,

I'm a 25yo male and want to know how far my foreskin should retract... Usually during masturbation I would never pull my foreskin back the whole way (ie. would not fully expose the head of my penis). I recently tried to fully expose the head of my penis so that my foreskin would sit just under the head... it was quite uncomfortable at first however now it's a little easier to do it.

When I retract my foreskin so the head is fully exposed and it stays just under the head, that's absolutely as far as it can go, and if I try to pull back any further it's like my frenulum won't let it go any further.... Is this as far it's supposed to go or should it pull back further? Also the bottom of the head of my penis is extremely sensitive - so if I masturbate and let my foreskin go all the way over the head and then back again it causes pain... Will this sensitivity disappear with time?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

You are blessed with an erogenous, highly-innervated, protective foreskin. Many unforeskinned guys would envy your foreskin even though it does not retract. You display great wisdom in wanting to avoid circumcision.

You are very fortunate to have parents that did not circumcise you. You have a whole, complete penis so you have sex the way nature intended it.

That piece of skin at the bottom of the glans that connects the foreskin to the head is called the frenulum. Almost every male is born with a frenulum. It is normal and it is supposed to be there. The frenulum has a high level of sensation because of its high innervation and serves to limit the rearward travel of the foreskin. The stretching of the frenulum during sexual intercourse helps to trigger ejaculation. Pulling the foreskin back with too much force can tear the frenulum.

If your foreskin bunches up behind the head when you retract you most likely have a short frenulum (frenulum breve). Test it by pulling back on the foreskin. If the head of your penis bends down when you pull back your foreskin, you have frenulum breve.

You can have sex as you are. Just use lots of lubrication and penetrate slowly, gently, and carefully.

You can stretch the frenulum manually just like you do your foreskin. The stretching is slow because it only goes as fast as tissue expansion That is the best course of action if the frenulum is too short to permit your foreskin to retract. Search the Internet for:

“How to Fix Phimosis and Tight Foreskins, Solutions That Work”