I have had inner knee pain now for over a month. It can be mild when it start and sometimes becomes so severe that i could scream. It is worse when standing a long time or going up stairs but some days are worse than others thought . On bad days which is about 3 to 4 times a week i cannot control the pain. I am presently on naproxin 375 because my knee problem had causes me bursitis in my hip. My doctor has recomended x rays and physio but i dont think physio will do anything but aggrevate it. I have full montion of my knee mostly without too much pain but some burning on inner part of knee. The pain and burning becames alot worse when walking and going up stairs. I work as a nurses aide and i am on my feel alot. Any insite on what this could be? Do you think I might need surgery?

Hey. I also have hard knee pains, it gets worse in front of some weather changes, I often say knee is my “prediction kit”. Do you have the same?
I have been seeing the doc for this purpose several times and told me I have osteoarthristis, and that my joints are inflamed. You get this condition in your elderly stage, most often in hips, knees and finger joints. I just have to get used to living with it, seems like nothing helps to prevent it, neither to heal it.
As you are on the move all the time due to your job, you might have bursitis of your knees as well. It is the inflammation of the fluid-filled sac that lies between a tendon and bone. Bursae assist movement and reduce friction between moving parts. Bursitis commonly occurs in shoulders, knees, elsbows and hips.
Your doctor could possibly recommend a physical therapy. If this does not help, there is a solution of taking out liquid from bursa and injecting corticosteroids. If you are afraid of surgery, I would put your mind at ease as in such cases, surgeries are rarely required.