my son has knee pains and it looks like upder where his knee bends something pops out

Hi:
Your son's age might be important here. Teens, especially growing males, can experience a lot of "growing pains" in their joints, muscles, etc. This was especially true of my son and his knees. He is now about 6'2" tall and all of the pain is gone. If it gets really painful, consult a doctor so that he'll be more comfortable. I hope it's growing pains with your son. If it is...try to get him to focus on the end result....At the end of the pain, he'll look like a man. That's got to be an attractive idea for him...Let us know how he does and let us know what his other symptoms are. I'm sure that a lot of teens would like to know that they are not the only ones suffering. Your son's story could be a comfort to others. You can share coping ideas with them too. Take care