Hi. My teen daughter needs knee replacement surgery. I would like to hear something about this procedure. Is there anybody with experience who could tell me something about knee replacement surgery? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Hi. Knee replacement surgery means the damaged bone and cartilage will be replaced with metal and plastic surfaces to restore movements and function of the knee. In other words, surgeons will place the artificial knee, or prosthesis. You have unicomplartmental and bilateral knee replacement surgery. Unicompartmental knee replacement surgery means only one side of the joints will be resurfaced. Recovery time is shorter than after bilateral knee replacement procedure. BKN surgery includes replacing of both knees. Recovery time is slow and patient will spend more time hospitalized. Sometimes, a surgery may be done to realign the knee joint. This is called a high tibial osteotomy.

Hey i am an 18 year old cancer survivor and my knees are riddled with avascular neuceosis from the medication i had to take. I have already had 3 decompression surgeries and 1 bone graft, none of which have relieved my extreme pain. My bones in both knees so significant damage from the avn as well as collapse but my cartilidge is fine. My orthopedic recommends bilateral knee replacements. My question is if my cartilidge is fine and the replacements replace that general area of the bone will it be enough to relieve my pain? i know that this is a serious question but if anybody has any information it wll help

Hi, i am 18 years old and i have osteoarthritis in my knees. I have been told that my knee is as bad as someone in their 70s or 80s with osteoarthritis. I have extreme pain all the time. lately it has gotten so bad that it feels like nerve shocking pain shooting from my knee up and down my leg. i would like to know if i need to have knee replacement surgery. could anyone give me any information on what to do? i really need some help and advice!

I'm in your exact shoes... same age and both knees, however the left knees cartridge is bad. I've just had a bone graft and decompression in the left one and doc said it's only worked one side. He said though it should last a while... I've actually said I want knee replacement as I'm in lots of pain... so he's giving it six months as my quality of life is effected... this is the only option to stop pain so go for it!!!