I’ve been experiencing knee pain for the last 5 days or so. I have also noticed that my knee had swollen a little bit. I took pain relievers thinking it would make the pain go away and that hoping for the swelling to disappear but none of it has happened. Is there anything I can do or do I need doctor’s evaluation? Thank you for your time

I reckon you need to have evaluations since it’s been almost a week and you got no relief. Most knee swelling should be checked if they don’t subside in 48 hours. There are a couple of possible conditions that may cause swelling of the knee. One of them is infection and it is rather serious and requires medical attention right away. It could be arthritis. When your knee cartilage is worn down, it may cause chemical reactions in your knee as well as swelling and pain. Other causes of swelling include a meniscal tear, ligament tear, or bursitis. chondromalacia patella, which is softening of your cartilage under your kneecap may also cause swelling after kneeling or sitting with your knee bent. You may also have so called "water on the knee." The cause of water on the knee is usually arthritis.

the plica is an extra tissue in the joints of some people,usually in the knees, if you had a trauma or stressed the knee it could hurt first, then swell for a period of time.
The swelling is called Plica Syndrome , you will need to rest and ice massage for about 10-20 minutes every two hours or so, to releive the swelling. the plica syndrome can be misinterpreted in an MRI as a broken meniscus.