:( I don't have the strength to "work through" a knee problem. I did a double workout yesterday and was walking up the stairwell when my knee gave out.

waahhhhh......I know what the orthopaedic doc will say :|

have you always had knee trouble?? :?

that stinks. hope it's nothing serious.

:(

I'm sorry to hear this...

:toobad: Knee problems are the worst. Heal quickly.

my knees are my weak link---haven't had a problem for years....but have seen four docs in my lifetime and it's always bursitis/tendonitis.....take time off. Bursitis is fluid build-up and it takes days of ignoring the signals to build up to the point of painful. When I feel a twinge, I usually take 3 days off and I'm good to go. I'm already feeling better today, I can bend my knee further and walking up the stairs isn't a problem...down a little harder. So I doubt that I tore anything. (big relief) Husband wants me to see someone and I'm very resistant. I don't want to hear "overuse....take some time off" I realize that after having a very low mileage in December to the point that I wasn't running for 10 days....my sudden jump to 60+ was stupid. Stupid is as stupid does.

:1: & :( & :toobad: you know you're not getting any younger :P

Dear Pokey:

I saw that!!!!!!

sue

Dear Pokey: I saw that!!!!!! sue
Well, at least your eyes are still strong... For real--I am so sorry about your knees! Can you do any pool time or does that completely turn you off?

Could you change the font to 24.
Thank you.

You take that stuff? No known side effects, you've got nothing to lose. Sue, proponent of the 60,000% rule h

Have you tried some glucosamine to see if maybe that will help your knee joints. My knees get a little tender for a few hours after a long run but then are fine the next day so I haven't used it much. But I know a lot of runners that swear by it.

It's good to see a doc, though, especially if you've had problems in the past.

Good luck and let us know what the doc says.

RAS bummer of a knee. bada bum bum take time, ice, motrin. I hope you can get it taken care of. i'd hate to see of the running. been there all too long myself due to a knee injury. :toobad: i know how ya eel about going to the doctor too.