I've had vaginal burning and discomfort since june. I notice the burning is right inside the vagina around the ring. It's also had alot of irritation during intercourse. I treated myself with Gyne-lotrimin but then I saw my MD who said I had a yeast infection and treated me with an antifungal cream. I had a refill on this prescription and did it again since it seemed like it was still bothering me. I got my period and it felt better but now that my period is over the burning and discomfort is back. The first time around I noticed more of the clear, burning type discharge with just a little bit of white stuff. I haven't noticed a discharge yet, just the burning. I've been eating lots of yogurt and taking acidophilus. Should I try another course of yeast cream. I had Epstein-Barr virus 8 years ago and I'm almost 49 years old. Please help, Thank you

HELLO ANYONE OUT THERE PLEASE HELP!!

i HAVE HAD BURNING INSIDE MY VAGINA FOR ALMOST 1 YEAR I JUST CAN'T STAND IT, I HAVE GONE TO MY GYNY OVER AND OVER AND AT TIMES SAID A YEAST OR BACTERIAL INFECTION. SO I WENT TO A SPECIALIST FOR OTHER ANSWERS. THE DOCTOR THERE TOOK A VAGINA SAMPLE AND SENT IT OFF TO THE LAB WHERE THEY RAN TEST FOR SEVERAL BACTERIAS, YEAST. AND CAME UP E.COLI 4 PLUS ENTEROCOCCUS SP 3 PLUS AND COAG NEG STAPH 1 PLUS SO HE TREATED ME WITH SOME KIND OF SUPPOSITORIES FOR 5 WEEKS THAT WHERE ALL NATURAL INGREDIANTS IT SEEMED TO HELP A LITTLE WITH THE BURNING, AS SOON AS I STOPPED THE TREATMENT THE BURNING CAME BACK SO I WENT BACK TO THE DOCTOR AND HE RAN TEST BACK AGAIN, THE E.COLI AND ENTEROCOCCUS GOT CLEARED UP, BUT I'M STILL BURNING. I JUST DON'T KNOW. MY BOYFRIEND IS A LITTLE ROUGH DURING SEX I DON'T KNOW IF THAT MAKES IT WORSE, ALSO IF I EAT CANDY ALOT OF IT IT SEEMS TO BURN MORE, DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THAT COULD CAUSE BURNING? PLEASE SOME ONE HELP ME I'M SO SICK OF THIS. ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRICIATED.

THANK YOU,

lINDA

could be candida need nystatin for long time years maybe......ur boyfriend my be cheating too..........

Hello everyone. I have had the same symptoms and sometimes when I have sex, it doesn't burn at all and sometimes it burns really bad. To relieve the burning pain I go to the bathroom and wet some toilet paper and wipe down there. That helps relieve the burning pain. I don't know what to do. I went to the doctor and they told me that it was just a yeast infection. The doctor told me to just use some over-the-counter meds and it helped. But now I had sex recently and it burned so bad. Can someone please help me. This pain is driving me crazy.

If you have cleared up the yeast infection and have sex with your boyfriend it can come back. Males can carry yeast infections and reinfect you with the same one you just got rid of. It is best not to have sex during an infection and send him to the doctor to make sure he doesn't have the infection. As for the rough sex make sure you use a lot of lube. You probably want to find just lube with no bells and whistles incase it makes the burning worse. In addition if you have changed soaps, detergents or anything like that it could affect irration. vagisil might help too.

Hello. It's been awhile since these issues were discussed, so I wonder...have they cleared up/gone away? And if so, how? I have been experiencing a burning sensation for the last month and I'm ready to explode. At first I was treated for a UTI, then I treated myself for a yeast infection. A vaginal culture came back positive for bacteria, so I was treated for BV and hte symptoms did not go away. I went back the following week and 100% had a yeast infection. The burning went away after about 5 days of treatment but I finished the full course. The next day, the burning was back. I had a refill of Diflucan so I took it, no improvement. I bought some more Monistat just to have on hand because since it's been a month with this pain, I thought maybe the infection was just so stubborn that more meds would help. But at the same time, I don't want to over do it and become immune to the yeast creams. I'm at my wits end here. I am engaged and my poor fiance is dying for some intimacy (as am I). I'm going back to my gyno today but it would be nice to have some idea of what the problem could be so that I'm not misdiagnosed. Thanks!

Did anybody have these issues resolved?

Suffering from the same thing. Please write if you get any relief.

Hey there! i have had my share of yeast infections and bacterial infections, last year i had constant itch and burn and the doctor couldnt cure it. I did a yeast cleanse, it was hard but it helped! make sure to wear only cotton underwear keep yourself clean and vagisil is very good if it actually isnt an infection, what ever you do try not to scratch. Bathing is baking soda helps as well

I've had the same symptoms for over 1 year. I went to the doctor repeatedly and got sent to a dermatologist too. All my swabs would come back negative for thrush etc. They thought it was vagina eczma, however treatment didn't relieve the symptoms. Eventually I got pregnant and finally got a positive swab for Bacterial infection Strep B. Got treated with penicilin which improved symptoms. They got thrush and got treated for this. Also treated my husband, and after this was symptoms free for a good 3 or 4 months. My symptoms have just started to come back, so don't know if the strep is back, or if it's thrush. I also wear cotton underwear, try to wear no knickers when ever at home, I try to be careful to pee forward as urine irritates it, don't use any soap products and my husband withdraws during sex, as sperm irritates it. Hang in there, it does get better.

I have been experiencing the same problem since i started having intercourse, but as i get older the problem is getting much worse. I have seen many Dr.'s and and been treated many times for yeast infections. I have to admit it did help @ the beginning but now nothing helps. I've tried douching after intercourse as sometimes after intercourse it is very painful and sometimes it isn't. I did notice that certain time of the month this does get worse. I've been given many creams and at one point some oral medication such as amitryptyline (this treats nerve pain) but this made me way too groggy. I have now been referred to a pain clinic as well as a women's health concerns clinic. I have lost faith in all these recommendations as none of them have helped me so far. The last Dr. i saw has diagnosed me with Lychen Sclerosis. But the more I read about it the more i think that this is not the problem. There was a few more diagnosis but i can't remember the names but obviously i'm not cured so there problem missed dx. too. The only thing that gives me a bit of relief is 2% lidocaine jelly. Now if i apply this before intercourse then my partner can't feel anything either so that isn't good so i use it after. Our sex life really Sucks!! and that is why i'm looking online to see if i could find any answers. There might be one week a month that i'm not dealing with pain and burning. This pain will get so bad that it keeps me up at night and my vagina feels like it is throbbing. I seem to think it is hormonal since it gets worse the week before my period and better the week after. I have had blood work done to see if i was pre-menopausal but that was negative. My testosterone levels were low but that's no wonder with all that discomfort i have no libido. I need answers soon i am going to lose my mind.

I AM NOT ALONE!!?
HAS ANYONE ANYYYONE FOUND ANYTHING TO RELIEVE THIS
MINES BEEN FOR OVER A YEAR ON AND OFF IT JUST DOESNT STOP
IM ONLY 17

Hey, ladies... I've been suffering with this 'female pain' for 20 years! Lately, it's more often than usual and it won't go away!! My poor husband don't get it often as much as he wanted, I even got him to withdraw (going on 5 yrs now) since his 'tingy' irritates my inside and it burns. When it is really getting so bad I use Pyridium (get it fr ur Dr.) to help and ease the burning. I was diagnosed with IC or Interstitial Cystitis. The symptoms is like having a vaginitis, uti, yeast infection all that miserable female pain!!! Unfortunately, there's no cure or medicine for IC! I wish they can find a cure or a medicine for 'female pain'.

Hey there. I have been having the same symptoms too. My doctor said it was a yeast infection and prescribed me a medicine. It's one pill and you take it once. The pill is called Fluconazole. It has to be prescribed by your doctor and you get 3-6 pills depending on how bad it is (I got 3 pills with 200mg each). My symptoms have been gone but they seem to come back. I think having your partner(guy) doing oral sex to you(girl) increases your chance of getting that burning sensation but then again I'm not so sure. Ask your doctor about Fluconazole, it worked for me... until you start getting oral that is.

Hi Everyone

I have suffered with vaginal discomfort for about 2 years now. I am Diabetic as well and always assumed it was due to that, as i get it worse when my blood sugar levels are high. I have read about this new vaginal gel called SYLK, which you can get on prescription or buy at the Chemist, and it's apparently really good stuff. It's definatly worth a try i think.