Hi I'm 20 years old and i have irregular periods, know for the last two months I've noticed a brown discharge just about a week or a week and a half before my period.i know that i'm not pregnant what could this means please

Okay, this brown discharge is not the alarming thing as it may be due to your ovulation. Women often produce the bigger amounts of discharge (which could sometimes be brownish) when it’s the time for the ovulation. Since you had it in this period, and according to the fact that your periods are irregular, I would say that it could be it.
Are you taking the birthcontrol pills? If so, there is also the possibility that this caused the brown discharge, it happens mostly when you are new to all this and when your body is getting used to the pill and its effects.
If you have no other symptoms, like itching or burning, then you just leave it the way it is, and if it happens to get some of these, you rush to the gynecologist for the check up as it could mean you have some STD or maybe just some vaginal disease.

hi.. i seem to have the same problem with you. i had a week of brown discharge about 9days before my supposed period which was supposed to be 8th may. now, 10th may, i had about 2 days of dark discharge with a little blood clots and it just stopped today. no other symptoms of pregnancy. my bf has only ejaculated outside of me for the pass month. no intercourse at all. what is wrong?