Began period but the flow is very little and darker in color. What can be the reason why the color is so dark and I'm releasing so little of a flow? Can there be a problem that I quickly need to look into? (this is the first time this has happened)

Yeah that is exactly what is happening to me too I wonder why nobody responds here jeeze. Did u figure anything out?? let me know..please..

Hey Ladies,
I had the same question as the two of you so I've been reading around. Don't take my writings as definite but from what I've read dark blood means that it's old blood. That means the blood has pooled which could mean that you have a narrow cervical opening. I've also read that you don't count your cycle as day one until you have full red bleeding. If you want to become pregnant you may want to check with a doctor to see if the narrow cervical opening could cause a problem. Take care and I hope this information helped a bit.

I have exact same problem, don't know what to do?????

Anybody have an answer???

I'm having the exact same problem. I had my first child about 7 months ago, stopped breast-feeding about 2 months ago and began birth control pills 3 weeks ago. I'm on my "off" week and after 2 days of not taking my pills I noticed discharge. It's not like normal. It's very light, really dark brown and there are clots. It has gotten a little heavier and I did see a tiny bit of bright red blood. This has never happened and I'm concerned. Hope someone can help us out.

I just finished my period today, and it was very, very light flow, but the blood was dark brown. I'm 38, and haven't had any kids, and I haven't been on the pill for maybe 10 years.
I wonder if this is a sign of early menopause.?

Also, this month I started my period about 2 weeks early, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.?