My wife has called me, in panic, two days ago while I was on business trip and told me that she can't move her left side of the face. When I have come home I was astonished by her look. Doctor told me that she has problems with Bell's palsy syndrome. But I am suspicious, is it possible that it is just caused by nerve inflammation. Tell me is Bell's palsy related to stroke?

No, it is common assumption in this condition. Bell's palsy syndrome is not related with stroke. Stroke affects higher nerve centers that ultimately supplying the facial nerve. Also the strokes do not cause weakness of the forehead or eyelid muscles. That is how it is clinically distinguished. Don't worry doctor can not mix those two conditions.

i was just wondering....for ur wife how long it took for it to go away...i am 17 and recently got it 4 days ago