I have terrible situation in family. It is like the devil himself is looking at us. My brother had the car accident. Fortunately he is good, he has broken his arm but considering the alternatives he is OK. My father has died two months ago. He had problems with liver cirrhosis. Now my mother is experiencing sudden onset of Bell's palsy symptoms. She has a little high blood pressure, but not too much. Except that she is in good condition. Can you tell me what could cause her symptoms?

I am very sorry about your father and your general situation in home. I assume how hard it can be. There are many theories about what causes the Bell's palsy syndrome. The actual cause is still unclear. But some scientists think that it can be caused by stress. Also it can be caused by inflammation of nerve that controls the muscles on either side of the face. Other possible explanations are herpes virus, diabetes, trauma, toxins, hypertension and high blood pressure.