My grandfather just went to a hospital with his face all deformed (mother escorted him). Father said that it is bell’s palsy and that he should be all right. I prey that it is true since he means very much to our entire family. Anyway, what I need to know is bell’s palsy permanent or temporary? What kind of disease is it? Will his face stay like that always?

Bell’s palsy is temporary, which is a great thing, because it really does deform patient’s face. This happens because of the damaged VII cranial nerve, one that innervates the face. The good thing is also that recovery can occur even after several weeks. Several moths and more is needed only in rare cases. So, do not worry.

This was somewhat encouraging as my son who is age 50 suddenly contracted bell's palsy 1 week ago. He is very depressed and afraid it is permanent. He is not going out much as he is very self-conscious, and has not yet returned to work. Do any of the meds I am reading about e.g. palsical, pebnaton etc. seem to help at all. He will try to go back to work tomarrow. I am very concerned about the way he is accepting this malady.

My face has been deformed by Bells Palsy for almost five years. And the doctors say there is nothing that can be done about it. But life does go on.

i have been suffering from bells palsy for 4 weeks now. i even had it 16 years ago and i recovered just fine with no damage but this time it is different. i am affraid it will do some perminit damage to me now because like i said it is worse this time . it is nothing like last time

i had bells palsy 16 years ago. and i recovered okay from it.. but now 16 years later i am suffering from it again and this time it is worse.  the doctors are doing a mri on me on monday to make sure it is not a mini stroke. . i have had it this time for over 2 weeks and counting